2jzge to gte conversion

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
twojayzeejza

2jzge to gte conversion

Post by twojayzeejza »

ok so iv lined up a 2jzgte out of an aristo complete with loom, ecu, turbos for my supra

im making a bit of a shopping/need list and was after your guys input

intercooler and pipework
boost tap for mod to 1st turbo
bov probably turbosmart or Greddy type R
ally radiator
catch can (already have)
oil cooler and filter relocate kit (already have)
possibly twin plate clutch or 5puk depending on $$
2JZGTE fuel pump or are the NA ones the same?
Toyota Supra JZA80 1996 manual turbo

l SIC l

Re: 2jzge to gte conversion

Post by l SIC l »

Nice dude. Are you sure the Aristo auto ECU will be compatible? I'm not too sure about that anyway though, I just know you need the 6-speed ECU if you've got a GETRAG, so maybe an auto Supra ECU should read properly with the 5-speed?

You need the twin-turbo fuel pump. There is a 12v mod you can do, but apparently it can be really dangerous in the event of an accident as it will keep pumping out fuel and could easily ignite. When the last owner did my one, he wired a relay into the rear-passenger side door pillar (so you can hear a light ticking noise when putting the car in reverse or pushing the brakes at idle - it only lasts for a couple of seconds though), either way it is definitely the way to go.

You can buy my BOV off me if you want heh... I would need to find another in the meantime though :)
1995 Toyota Supra - Twin-turbo - 6-speed - Aerotop
No ABS. No Traction Control.

twojayzeejza

Post by twojayzeejza »

im fairly certain the auto ecu should work, doms chaser works sweet with auto ecu i think just gota bridge out some wires so its thinks it in N.

o yeh sweet there a couple pumps on TM for under a hundy

whats this 12v mod ya speak of ? wouldnt it just plug into the standard wiring loom ?

haha you got one of them HKS ones dont ya? i had one of them well a copy and it was cool like 4years ago when noone had them now theyr on everything

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

twojayzeejza wrote:whats this 12v mod ya speak of ? wouldnt it just plug into the standard wiring loom ?
Not sure about Toyota's but if they're anything like Mitsi's, hard wiring the fuel pump to 12v provides constant max voltage to the pump, to prevent leaning out at high rpm. Not really the best way of doing things IMO, but like SIC said, make sure you wire in a relay if you do.
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

my auto 2jzgte aristo motor has no problem being in front of a W58

Also you dont need a BOV if you dont want 1, my factory job is holding up fine

l SIC l

Post by l SIC l »

Don't do the 12v mod mate, the idea behind it is good, but it is not worth the risk should you be involved in an accident (forget I mentioned it :) ).

I have a Greddy BOV currently in the car, but I will be selling it to get an HKS SSQV when I get my piping fabricated (as I will have it welded onto the pipe). The Greddy BOV sounds great venting though and doesn't fail to open.

Regarding not needing a BOV - that is true you don't 'need' one, but you don't want to take the risk of not having one as compressor surge isn't too forgiving to ceramic turbos ;)

edit: MrOizo (Adrian) knows his shit, I'm sure he could give you more in-depth answers to your questions about the swap 8-)

scott90

Post by scott90 »

where you getting the manifold to fit the NA 2j?
na pattern is different to gte
was a place down south selling them for about 360 ;)
don't know how long that would last though

l SIC l

Post by l SIC l »

He's doing a 2JZGTE swap, not an NA-T conversion (therefore it already comes with the manifold) ;)

twojayzeejza

Post by twojayzeejza »

PSIBRG wrote:
twojayzeejza wrote:whats this 12v mod ya speak of ? wouldnt it just plug into the standard wiring loom ?
Not sure about Toyota's but if they're anything like Mitsi's, hard wiring the fuel pump to 12v provides constant max voltage to the pump, to prevent leaning out at high rpm. Not really the best way of doing things IMO, but like SIC said, make sure you wire in a relay if you do.
o right na that sounds ugly as haha
ryanfels wrote:my auto 2jzgte aristo motor has no problem being in front of a W58

Also you dont need a BOV if you dont want 1, my factory job is holding up fine
o yeh sweet what clutch are you running?
yeh iv just heard the stock one isnt the best sometimes leaks etc ...
l SIC l wrote:I have a Greddy BOV currently in the car, but I will be selling it to get an HKS SSQV when I get my piping fabricated (as I will have it welded onto the pipe). The Greddy BOV sounds great venting though and doesn't fail to open.

Regarding not needing a BOV - that is true you don't 'need' one, but you don't want to take the risk of not having one as compressor surge isn't too forgiving to ceramic turbos ;)

edit: MrOizo (Adrian) knows his shit, I'm sure he could give you more in-depth answers to your questions about the swap 8-)
o na im after the type R like dom and kevins chasers
scott90 wrote:where you getting the manifold to fit the NA 2j?
na pattern is different to gte
was a place down south selling them for about 360 ;)
don't know how long that would last though
haha yeh did consider but just buying whole gte engine

twojayzeejza

Post by twojayzeejza »

will i need to swap the sumps over or will the aristo sump fit the supra?