Is this 1JZGTE Tuning Guide right ?

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
Youngatheart

Is this 1JZGTE Tuning Guide right ?

Post by Youngatheart »

From the webpage http://mywikimotors.com/toyota-1jz/ is this tuning guide ...

The first step of the 1JZGTE performance tuning is simply boosting up. For that, you need to acquire a Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, performance exhaust system 3″, and air filter. It would be enough for increasing boost pressure on the stock ECU from 10 psi (0.7 bar) to 13 psi (0.9 bar). The next what you have to do is acquiring a Blitz ECU (or another one), boostcontroller, blow-off, intercooler and increase boost pressure up to 17 psi (1.2 bar). That is a maximal boost pressure of stock turbochargers. It is enough to develop about 400 horsepower.
If you need more power, you should replace the stock turbocharger with a single turbo.
It would be easier to get a turbokit developed specially for the 1JZ-GTE and made out of the Garrett GTX3076R. You should also buy a thickened 3 row radiator, oil cooler, air filter, 80 mm throttle body, Walbro 400 lph fuel pump, armored fuel hoses, 800 cc injectors, camshafts (duration 264 deg.), and performance exhaust systems 3.5″. The APEXI PowerFC or AEM Engine Management Systems will perfectly serve as an ECU.
Such aftermarket parts will generate to 550 – 600 horsepower. If you car is fitted with an automatic transmission, you need to reinforce it.
If it isn’t enough, you should look for a turbokit designed out of the Garrett GTX3582R specially for the 1JZ-GTE. Moreover, you will have to buy forged pistons and reinforced Carrillo connecting rods with 1000 cc injectors, do head porting and increase capacity to 700 – 750 horsepower.
The Garrett GT4202 turbocharger and nitrous oxide system will help you to make the 1JZ and will easily reach 1000+ horsepower.
They usually use a hybrid type of engine like the 1JZ + 2JZ to get more power. The most crucial thing is to bolt the 1JZ cylinder head on the 2JZ cylinder block. The motor is called 1.5JZ.

phys

Re: Is this 1JZGTE Tuning Guide right ?

Post by phys »

My car runs standard fuel pump and 1bar (13-14ish pounds) with a Jap Front pipe, filter and standard exhaust bar the rear muffler. I threw the Greddy intercooler in and the Oil Cooler/Rad to make sure it stays cooler as underbonnet temps are massive on my 90.
I don't think the stock ceramics will do 1.2 bar for very long... but with steel wheels should see 18pounds happily and give you a good upgrade in power and reliability. I like the twins so a single is never gonna be an option for me....I would like 250-260kw ATW and for what I want the car to do thats heaps. I think Injectors and fuel pump upgrades are a good idea to give headroom before maxing out stock items?

Oh and if you found it on the internet....it must be accurate lol