JZX 110 IR-V ... Where do I start?

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
kiwinelson9879

JZX 110 IR-V ... Where do I start?

Post by kiwinelson9879 »

Maybe this has been asked a million times, but I picked up a stock IR-V and will do exhaust first.
- Where can I buy a better flowing downpipe?
- What other mods should I do to open up a little power?
- There is a traction control delete throttle mod, can this be done without buying the kit?
- Boost up is easy but within factory computer specs?
- Auto Trans cooler? (I want to keep the auto for now)
- LSD... I have a B01B diff, how can I get an LSD in there?
- FMIC, is Scales kit the best/best priced one?
- Coilovers... I would like to put some in, what are the best for this model, do JZX100 ones fit in?
- will be looking to buy some wheels too, not too gangsta, but nicer than stock would be good.

Any help appreciated, Im well hooked up with BMW stuff (my last daily for years) but now im in novice terrirtory

m989

Re: JZX 110 IR-V ... Where do I start?

Post by m989 »

Welcome.

A tomei expreme / HPI outlet and a cat delete pipe would be a good start to a new exhaust system.

You can unplug the TRC butterfly on the intake to disable the traction control. Pretty sure it will make some lights flash on the dash the same as a JZX100 does - you can always remove the bulbs from the back of the cluster if it gets annoying.

Auto JZX cars have a transcooler built into the radiator.

I had a B01B diff and bought a TRD center to fit straight in (recommend replacing the bearings either side of the center while you have it out) TRD mechanical LSD [41301-MZ210] is what you are looking for.

I would go for a greddy LS spec intercooler, not sure of the quality on the chinese items that scarles etc sell.

Altezza coilovers fit JZX110, and other chassis parts are also interchangeable between the two. Consult with your local certifier BEFORE purchasing coilovers or you may find that they are not "suitable" (too stiff for road use etc).

kiwinelson9879

Re: JZX 110 IR-V ... Where do I start?

Post by kiwinelson9879 »

Awesome info, thanks a lot mate. I will start buying some bits.

Is there anywhere in NZ that does bumpers for the 110's?