aftermarket vvti coils

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
gunts77

aftermarket vvti coils

Post by gunts77 »

I was looking at replacing my old vvti coil packs for aftermarket ones, like the yellow jackets on trade me, as well as leads. Was wondering if ppl had an opinion on them or if anyone has tried them. Have seen on supra forums they are pretty anti about them. Had some heat damage on the leads which my mate at Toyota fixed up best he could, so they definitely have to will go.
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

davealdworth

Re: aftermarket vvti coils

Post by davealdworth »

Don't bother with the yellow jackets, they are rubbish and have no hard evidence to support that they are any good. Alot of the guys here in Aus and even in the US are running superspark gear. They have been proven to stand heat and power. I've had them on my past 4 jz powered cars and never once had an issue.

gunts77

Re: aftermarket vvti coils

Post by gunts77 »

davealdworth wrote:Don't bother with the yellow jackets, they are rubbish and have no hard evidence to support that they are any good. Alot of the guys here in Aus and even in the US are running superspark gear. They have been proven to stand heat and power. I've had them on my past 4 jz powered cars and never once had an issue.
Have seen those on ebay and they come with leads too. Only have to pay gst on them to import some to NZ.
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser