Turbo Selection

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
Tofu

Re: Turbo Selection

Post by Tofu »

E85 is cheating!
It'll be just under 300kw on 98

im_oli

Post by im_oli »

Yeah I have a D-Jetro PowerFC (so runs MAP sensor + I've kept the car 100% Japanese so far) I'm hoping that will hook up some good gains.
But yeah I reckon Murch high flow will be the way to go for bang for buck! Plus then I don't have to change my manifold or dump etc. He's been replying facebook pms but big delay. Slow coms. Which makes it hard to suss out what he will actually do to it.

I've never really got into turbo specs etc so far, so bit of a learning curve, so to speak. A whole lot more rwkw's would stoke me. Tricky getting the right recipie though.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

im_oli wrote:Yeah I have a D-Jetro PowerFC (so runs MAP sensor + I've kept the car 100% Japanese so far) I'm hoping that will hook up some good gains.
But yeah I reckon Murch high flow will be the way to go for bang for buck! Plus then I don't have to change my manifold or dump etc. He's been replying facebook pms but big delay. Slow coms. Which makes it hard to suss out what he will actually do to it.

I've never really got into turbo specs etc so far, so bit of a learning curve, so to speak. A whole lot more rwkw's would stoke me. Tricky getting the right recipie though.
For me, a responsive 260-270 kw would be perfect. Enough power to have fun but still be able to use the car as a daily :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

im_oli

Post by im_oli »

Yeah hardout, I'm hoping for something like that.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

im_oli wrote:Yeah hardout, I'm hoping for something like that.
High flow should be more than enough if your aiming for that sort of power and response :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

im_oli

Post by im_oli »

IF I can make it actually happen!.

1jzSoarer

Post by 1jzSoarer »

I am making 304kw atw on just a Tomei and Link. The turbo is great. It boosts early and even on limiter it hasn't stopped pulling. Very drivable but loose when you want it to be. I looked into this and without the hassle of changing the manifold you are limited and a good manifold is going to set you back another 1k

Google Supra Store for some nice kits from the States as a option
1jz Soarer

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

1jzSoarer wrote:I am making 304kw atw on just a Tomei and Link. The turbo is great. It boosts early and even on limiter it hasn't stopped pulling. Very drivable but loose when you want it to be. I looked into this and without the hassle of changing the manifold you are limited and a good manifold is going to set you back another 1k

Google Supra Store for some nice kits from the States as a option
When does your turbo hit full boost? I thought the Tomei turbo was laggy, could be wrong though
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

The tomei's are pretty laggy. Phil mentioned in his thread it was around the 4-4.5k mark. Seems to be the same as most of the tomei guys around my way.

How did you go with the Suprastore 1jzSoarer? Haven't heard anything good from the Aussie guys who have used them. There's threads all through the supra world stating to steer clear.

Naaste

Post by Naaste »

Mate has used supra store for mani for jzs161 to go to t51r, didnt have any problems and got aem ecu from them aswell. T51r spooled up not too late on 2j with auto. Murch has his phone number on his facebook page. I spoke to him other day. $650+gst for hi-flow setup bit more to go to the ct26 internals as more machining. I liked the gt30 on mates chaser which was easily driveable. Much better now though with gt35 and poncams waiting for a ride in it now!