Idle speed control valve

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
im_oli

Idle speed control valve

Post by im_oli »

Anyone heard of swapping the factory 6-wire ISCV in favour of a simple 2wire? (From, dare I say it, a Skyline for example!)

Reason is I've got a VVT-i 1JZ-GTE right and I'm deciding which ecu to buy. The 6wire ISCV will use more outputs than I want it to.

m989

Re: Idle speed control valve

Post by m989 »

Greenline have power FC's fairly cheap:

http://greenline.jp/catalogue/bccatpart ... Management

im_oli

Post by im_oli »

Now that's not a silly idea the more I think about it. I was thinking Link G4 Storm (cheaper but limited outputs hence my question) or Extreme. A Link would have to be a wire in one though, Link don't do a plug in for JZX100 (fools!). I do like the idea of rewiring everything all tidy however.
But PowerFC plug in would just be set to go.

Hmmm.. Back to the R & D room I think.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

look at Vipec and Haltech they make a heap of PnP looms and patch looms so wire ins arent such a pain in the ass

im_oli

Post by im_oli »

Well nah I like the idea of rewiring it all. Would be so tidy. And pretty easy if you start from scratch without all the other wiring in the way and confusing you.

But I will look at them for sure. Just pissed off the ISCV is so complex! Why no 2wire!? Greedy thing needs 3 outputs I think, or 4. Clearly nobody has adapted a simpler one onto their engine.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

what about a haltech IACV i have one on my 2jz and its programmable for most ECU's and its only a 2 or 3 wire from memory

Matt K

Post by Matt K »

or you could do away with it altogether? with an aftermarket ecu, there are other ways to get around a minor cold start issue.

my evo 3 had its idle control valve deleted and its not a nuisance at all when starting it cold, thanks to a great tune. and even if it didnt idle so nice from cold start, holding the revs manually for 10 or 20 seconds isnt a nuisance.

slipwaysailplane

Post by slipwaysailplane »

Yes you can run a solinoid style nissan idle valve, youd need an adapter etc.. I run a G4 storm and have enough outputs...