1JZ engine issue

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
shweatypox

Re: 1JZ engine issue

Post by shweatypox »

Been too busy at work, hopefully gonna get it on the diag at Toyota in the next couple days.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

So finally got to Toyota today, no JZX models at all on their scanner :( Ran it through under a GXE and a couple codes come up, Throttle Position Sensor and something about the VVT having a problem. I pulled the VVTI solenoid out to check if it was full of crap but it was clean, I also pulled all the spark plugs out and they look sweet and cleaned the AFM. I have a mate who ordered a new VVTI solenoid for his 2j so gonna throw it in and see if it fixes the issue. So the car starts and runs perfect while cold, once it warms up is when the idle hunting starts (almost sounds like its dropping a cylinder) and the car shakes while reving to about 1500RPM.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

has there been any more progresss with this dude? My ETCS delete kit seems to be a lot better now (apart from the race clutch needing to bed in) and the hunting at idle while warm has seemed to have stopped. Just need to replace the turbo so I can get a proper gauge of the situation but having the grub screw to lock the parts onto the staft seems to be a good choice and all the lumpy idle and running has gone kind of. Can sometimes be a little touchy under light throttle.

As I mentioned earlier on hypertune may be building a 1jzgte vvti mani and TB but additionally I have been asking them of a manual TB that bolts up to the factory mani and they are just looking for enough interest before they develop once. That will allow the use of aftermarket TPS sensors and get rid of the un popular solenoid valve set up

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

turns out it was the VVTI solenoid, I put my mates brand new one in yesterday and been driving around today with no issues. I pulled my TB apart anyway for a squizz and am keen to self mutilate it to get the butterfly turning off the cable

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

With the TB, have ben doing a fair bit of reading, the x90 can be made to fit and that gets rid of all the drive by wire stuff. According to JZXworld there is a difference in the x100 TB as it is all cable run not drive by wire like I was first told so my second post was all wrong. The differences are in the TPS plugs as the 110 has more connectors but the rest is the same. A couple of guys here in Aus have gone down the route of wiring up a 100 loom/ecu and putting whole 100 intake manifolds on, bit over the top but that way you get a full drive by wire free loom.