Engine temps

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
JZ14

Engine temps

Post by JZ14 »

Hey guys, I'm having a few issues with the engine temp in my car. (S14)

It's currently idling around 90*C and then normal road driving 95*C. Is this normal for JZ? (I've read that it is, but would like to confirm)

I haven't given it a good thrash yet, so I can't exactly tell how much higher it goes.

Sensor is in the factory position if its worth anything, as my top hose is too short to put the sensor in. I don't really have much room to add a shroud (I would if i could)

Tofu

Re: Engine temps

Post by Tofu »

Normal as.
Mine is around 92 driving and boils up to 100 when you switch it off (from heatsoak)

1JZ's run hot. Nothing to worry about.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Add some Redline Water Wetter to the coolant mixture as well. It does help

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

1j's and 2j's always run hot no idea why they do it just happens. Mines the same, the 110 bonnet allows next to none of the engine bay heat and there's bugger all air cirulating around it cause of the front mount but I sit around the 85-90 mark all the time. If your worried venting the bonnet will be helpful but as long as you have a low temp thermo and alloy rad it will be just fine

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Is 104-106 normal running temp OK? I'm thinking maybe the Defi sender (I've adapted it into the factory water temp plug hole) might be getting a bit of heatsoak after a while and giving a higher reading? doesnt smell hot or anything either.

slipwaysailplane

Post by slipwaysailplane »

Sounds abit hot bro, would think anywhere from 90-95 would be sweet, could creep to 100-105 when doing skids etc

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Can anyone else hear the water boiling in their VVTi? Also, how long does it take to bleed the system? I've read it can take up to 4 hours? WTF? I just did 2 warm up/warm down cycles..

Anyone had any experience with Redline Water Wetter?

My motor just cooks as soon as I get onto the motorway..