Power FC

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
ch4sernz

Power FC

Post by ch4sernz »

Who has one and what results have you had with it?

Also who has a commander lying around that they dont want? haha

Logan

Sam

Re: Power FC

Post by Sam »

I have one, but not on a JZX.

It's Easy. Most tuners know how to tune them, and not too expensive. and pretty much standard aftermarket computer for most cars.

only prob is that theyre getting old now, and its old tech.

If i were to do it again I think i might get Link G4, has more cool features.

..What do you mean by 'results'

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

I brought one off trademe cheap as chips over a year ago, not planning on huge power upgrades so thought this would be a cheap way to tidy up the maps, bit more power and fuel economy.

Results as in power/torque figures (improvements over original)
increase in fuel economy that sort of thing.

Logan

Sam

Post by Sam »

It all depends on the tuner man.

A shitty tuner will get you shitty power / torque / economy / whatever.

Go to ST Hitec.

But its the same price to dyno tune your car with no mods or heaps of mods, so I would accumulate parts and do it all at once to save money on retuning.. Or ask soichi to just do a couple dyno runs and check AF ratio's if you cant afford.

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

The comment about not doing huge mods was more if iwas going for 400+kw i would do things differently with regardsto choice of computer.
For a start id be ditching afm and going map.
I emailed st hitec the other day and they said $600-950+ for tune.
The only other mod i will be doing before tune is dump pipe. Anything above and beyond this and i will be changing turbo etc (which i am not planning on doing any time soon)
Results i was interested in was to gain more information on tuners (i know each and every set up and driver is different which is why i asked for changes over original, rather than final figures)

Logan

Sam

Post by Sam »

You can only ditch AFM if you have the D Jetro Power FC. Normal F Jet Power FC doesn't have this option. It has options for different AFM though.

Soichi is the only man to go to for tuning IMO. Had bad experiences with Speedsource. And Soichi goes the extra mile to make sure your car is safe and reliable BEFORE making power.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Sam wrote:Soichi is the only man to go to for tuning IMO. Had bad experiences with Speedsource. And Soichi goes the extra mile to make sure your car is safe and reliable BEFORE making power.
What bad experiences have you had with Speed Source?
E&H Motors in Pukekohe are very good also. Will be using them for my tune. Can't go wrong with Speedtech either with their 100% satisfaction guarantee.
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Sam

Post by Sam »

Ruiterman charges an arm and a leg!!!

Basically I went to speedsource, got him to tune my car, came back running rough, stalled at low RPM, really hard to start the car. fuck that. took it to ST and Soichi said that the power fc had been hacked because last tuner didnt have proper software and had to do a dodge hack job.

Got it back from ST and it hasn't missed a beat since. has done 2 drift days and havent had to open the bonnet.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha wow, i've heard some bad stories about Speed Source, but also have some mates with real quick cars tuned by Kent, not to mention Dave Reid's 9 second Mirage (and all his other cars). Sounds like he farked up big on yours though!

Carl usually charges $1000 for a first tune, same as Soichi.
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Sam

Post by Sam »

PSIBRG wrote:Haha wow, i've heard some bad stories about Speed Source, but also have some mates with real quick cars tuned by Kent, not to mention Dave Reid's 9 second Mirage (and all his other cars). Sounds like he farked up big on yours though!

Carl usually charges $1000 for a first tune, same as Soichi.

He is really good with Mitsi's and Subaru's

Just dont take Nissans there.