Hey people anyone know what this HKS EQ thing is?

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
PussyChaser

Hey people anyone know what this HKS EQ thing is?

Post by PussyChaser »

Hey all , I cant find any direct info on Google for this thing which was stuck on top of my HKS F Con V from my JZX90 Chaser , anyone know it?

Does it need software to be used ? Is this software available? Is it worth anything?

Thanks ahead!!!

Jonno2002

Re: Hey people anyone know what this HKS EQ thing is?

Post by Jonno2002 »

it plays with the signal from the map sensor to add or remove fuel at certain rpms, u can see from the diagram... rpm accross the bottom and fuel vertical with norm 0 in the middle.

my guess is they used this alongside the fcon, not sure why tho as the fcon does the lot.

PussyChaser

Post by PussyChaser »

I just cant dig up any info on it and not sure weather to stick it on Ebay or in the garbage bin?

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/usa/products ... _more.html

Part # HK 4206-RA006
The GCC is an additional electronic tuning component designed to add flexibility to the VPC and PFC F-CON. The GCC simply plugs into either the VPC or PFC F-Con harness and allows the user to adjust the fuel pulse duration at specific RPM intervals. At each of the 5 intervals, the GCC can richen the programmed fuel curve up to 16% or lean it out up to 12%. 4 different RPM ranges allow for maximum flexibility when tuning the vehicle. The GCC will interpolate, or average between points of adjustments to ensure a smooth fuel delivery. The GCC also incorporates LED's to indicate whether the fuel mixture is in fact being altered by the GCC. When used with an F-Con, the GCC can also be used to adjust the fuel mixture under boost conditions. This unit is a must for those that want to get the most power out of their cars.