1JZ dying and stalling

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
JZ14

1JZ dying and stalling

Post by JZ14 »

Hey guys, I've put a aftermarket fuel pump in my car (DW200) and wired the fuel pump at a constant 12V. I think it's pumping too much fuel in (huge clouds of black smoke when revving) and as soon as it hits the idle mark on de-accell, it just dies.

I've got a fuel pressure reg, and it's reading 3bar (43psi), so I think thats all good, but just wondering what you guys think this could be? This is a new engine to me, and it's not in a Toyota chassis.

I'm thinking maybe water temp sensor? (the fans don't appear to come on when hot either) but seems too simple to be the problem.. How could I test this?

Thanks in advance

lolyf

Re: 1JZ dying and stalling

Post by lolyf »

Being a bit more specific than "1JZ" would help :). Not your water temp sensor. Wouldn't start cold. by your definition, i'd say its a vacuum hosing/map sensor issue. Look around where you installed the FPR.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Sorry, I'ts vvti GTE.

I've sprayed CRC all round the FMIC joiners, no leaks from what I can see. Also disconnected the TPS whilst running, and reconnected, no difference :(

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

Start by checking, rechecking and then checking some more for air/vac leaks past MAF. Reduce fuel pressure to 30 psi (especially if rising rate). Report back. Post photos, especially of burnouts. I like burouts.

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

I will be doing garage burnout 100% when it gets going.

I also love burnouts.

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

in case of above post video!

EDit: Check BOV if vented to atmosphere.

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

BOV is all stock, haven't touched it at all.. Heres what my engine looks like, If anyone can see anything dumb i've forgotten/thats wrong?

All vac lines seem plugged in? Just this one that I can't find, but I'm guessing its from the TRC?

We checked fault codes, came up with 27, 32 and 47.(O2, AFM, and TRC?) So fucked around with the throttle body a bit, didn't change much.

We 'Reset' the ECU, and you can hear it learning as its spluttering a long now, backfiring and stuff.

Called it a night, but then I pulled the plugs, found this;

Will one plug not firing cause it to die with revving it/de accell?

I'll throw new plugs in tomorrow. Haven't lowered the fuel pressure yet either, will also try that tomorrow too.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

If it's throwing afm and o2 sensor codes, I'd start with those, in fact I'd probably put money on it being an afm issue. Maybe see if you can borrow one off someone, if yours is kak'd that would definitely cause issues. I've killed afm's on my Mitsi before and it makes the car run like a pack of arse..
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

^ That

Check +B to ECU.

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Put new plugs in it, runs like a dream.

Just need to get it to drop its idle when warm now!