JZX90 radiator fitment

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
PSIBRG

JZX90 radiator fitment

Post by PSIBRG »

I've put a 1jzgte in my jzx91 (originally 2jzge) and need a radiator from a turbo model. Thought I'd just hit Redline Performance and grab an alloy one. Went to fit it and it didn't fit. Bottom mounts were way off (the pins at the bottom of the radiator were much closer together than the holes that they're meant to fit into) and even if they weren't, the radiator is too tall and the bonnet wouldn't close.

I took it back and they confirmed that they gave me the right part, it all looked right too, inlet/outlet/cap etc all in the right places, obviously it wasn't gonna work though so I got a refund.

Anyone come across this issue before? Do the factory turbo cars have a different bottom radiator mount/support panel?
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Looonie

Re: JZX90 radiator fitment

Post by Looonie »

Not sure about the panels, but from memory the Tourer V 90's have their tanks on the sides of the radiator rather than the top... ala:

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Yup they do have side tanks. The one I got looked exactly like those shape wise, this is it here:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 649547.htm

I've just done some digging and it seems I'm not the first to run into issues with bottom mounts being out. A fella on the JZX world forums had the same problem with an eBay radiator -
http://www.jzx100.com/forum/topic/4904- ... radiators/

I would've thought the Redline one would be decent though, and I've gotta say it was a really nice radiator aside from the fact that it didn't fit :lol: . I might try a Mishimoto rad and I guess if that doesn't work I'll have to run a n/a one and find some hose that fits (inlet/outlet in different locations)

Le sigh...

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Maybe check out JZA70 one? Has similar top tank mounts, might be same bottom mounts too... I'll see if I can take some measurements off mine tomorrow for ya. Hoses shouldn't be a problem, standard JZA70/JZZ30 ones should work fine I imagine...

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Bought a Mishimoto JZX100 radiator through NZKW, fits perrrfect, and almost twice as thick as the Redline one. Actually the same dimensions length/height wise as the stock JZX91 radiator.