7M-GE Selling or Wrecking.

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
lolyf

7M-GE Selling or Wrecking.

Post by lolyf »

As per title, if anyone is in the know please drop a line. Much appreciated.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

driftouteast

Re: 7M-GE Selling or Wrecking.

Post by driftouteast »

I know of one sitting under a tarp, what to you need off it?

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

Cylinder head or if you want to use that tarp for more clandestine purposes the whole longblock, with or without ancilliaries.

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

Ill hit him up tonight and see if he wants to sell it

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

That'd be super awesome. Thanks for that.

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

Bump

Hachi-ichi

Post by Hachi-ichi »

Hardly a fanboy, but yes. Being in NZ means you don't even have to think about owning on in the first place. You can simply not buy a Cressida and go straight for a GX/JZX that will last noticeably longer on its first motor without having to nurse it's existence.
E-GX81-AEPQF. 8E3, FB81

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

Au contraire mon ami, thats being a fanoi down to the t. JDM isn't everyone's cup of tea you see. I'd go 7M-GTE anyday provided i could find one and didn't have to struggle to find parts for it. The Blue X8 that came to your house for the mirrors has 224ks on the factory motor and trans, not a single panel spray painted, not a single wire spliced, purchased off the first owner who drove it off the browns bay Toyota showroom floor. Can't say the same for your GX can you? :)

ps: I dont nurse it, i thrash that motor hard and its never missed a beat. Don't believe everything the forums say.

Hachi-ichi

Post by Hachi-ichi »

"JDM isn't everyone's cup of tea.." then why do you want MARK II sedan Headlights with inbuilt fogs, corner lights and grille, rear lights and factory MARK II sedan Fender mirrors. If converting a Cressida to a MARK II is your thing, cool but that means calling original MARK II sedan owners "fanboys" is pretty rich and funny.
E-GX81-AEPQF. 8E3, FB81

Jonno2002

Post by Jonno2002 »

to be honest all toyotas sixes from that era had headgasket problems, ive seen just as many 1g's and n/a 1j's blow headgaskets as 7m's for some reason the 1jzgte is exempt and quite litteraly bulletproof.
and all those problems go away with a simple new gasket and tighter torque settings.

as for the looks thing i rekon sedan markIIs and cressidas are hideous and shouldnt have been made tbh, cresta/chaser/hardtop markII are so much better looking.

ill vouch for 7mgte as well, i rebuilt one for someone recently and it goes nuts, sorta inbetween my 1g and 1j