7M-GE Selling or Wrecking.

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
Hachi-ichi

Re: 7M-GE Selling or Wrecking.

Post by Hachi-ichi »

Yeah 1Gs can eat Hg's too, depending how they are treated. As for the sedan/ H/T debate, I agree there. Sedan shape is pretty bland, like a flavourless plain sponge cake. But with enough low and ruining the suspension geometry, I've grown to quite like the shape.
E-GX81-AEPQF. 8E3, FB81

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

1. Inbuilt fogs because Mine does not have fogs and i would not prefer putting up external units or doing a front conversion.
2 Rear tails because the only thing i dislike about the series one is the tails. You dont know if its a Godaamn camry or a corona. I actually most prefer the X81 Crestas single strip rears but i just dont wanna get into the bodywork involved. not worth it. Its about function not form. Its absolutely nothing to do with converting mine to a markII. They're a dime a dozen. I actually quite like what you did with the mirrors considering the amount of chrome a cressida sports already i would've gone for them, thrown a set of steelies with whitewalls and be happy.

That beingsaid, whats rich is your opinion on a something you've never owned/worked on. Quite honestly, you ARE being a fanboi with the Hachi Ichi and jaf badges and introducing your car with a flippin chassis code and jumping on my for sale thread and taking the piss outta my motor!
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

Hachi-ichi

Post by Hachi-ichi »

Fanboys live on band wagons, find me another person on the Internet named Hachi Ichi. As for the JAF badge, it came across as Fanboy spec to generalists who can't think. Which is a shame because many builds end up getting one, which essentially calls them out as fan boys. It's more of a nerdy over priced accessory, which I grew to not really like, hence why I removed it. Having The chassis code in my sig/ intro, well some people have a memory, as well as a strong passion for a chassis. It's for others that can relate and identify my car, clearly you haven't. I will say it would be hypocritical of me to not say the original 7M comment was pointless and unconstructive. I will avoid 7M threads/ posts from now ha. And as for the mirrors, i didnt like them and they were an impulse buy. if you do go Fender mirror, my car was evidence that replica/ not oe mirrors never look good. For this chassis, OE only. It does look good, and looks even better when the Car is sitting at a good height. looks like a taxi otherwise.
E-GX81-AEPQF. 8E3, FB81

luc3unitJZX

Post by luc3unitJZX »

Jonno2002 wrote:to be honest all toyotas sixes from that era had headgasket problems, ive seen just as many 1g's and n/a 1j's blow headgaskets as 7m's for some reason the 1jzgte is exempt and quite litteraly bulletproof.
and all those problems go away with a simple new gasket and tighter torque settings.

as for the looks thing i rekon sedan markIIs and cressidas are hideous and shouldnt have been made tbh, cresta/chaser/hardtop markII are so much better looking.

ill vouch for 7mgte as well, i rebuilt one for someone recently and it goes nuts, sorta inbetween my 1g and 1j

Id say the 1JZ-GTE is exempt due to the MLS Headgasket factory and proper TQ on the studs. 7m will last a whole lot longer if you double your Stud tourque. Rumour has it that they only got torqued to 45-50 ft pounds,when doubled to 90-100 the 7m becomes alot more durable