jzx110 manual convo wiring

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
1400r

jzx110 manual convo wiring

Post by 1400r »

Hi guys doing my manual convo over here in Aussie land

I'm the first to try over here all has gone well box is in car starts etc

but I have 2 wiring problems I'm hoping you may be able to help with

first is I now have a check engine light prefer a wiring solution rather than just taking the globe out

second is I'm not sure which wires are for the reverse lights off the box or the body loom

any help you can give would be great pics would be better :)

cheers

murdoko

Re: jzx110 manual convo wiring

Post by murdoko »

The check engine line has got something to do with the speedo sensor coz you are still using the auto-ECU.

Can't remember what I did for the reverse lights but it should be the same as all the others (jzx100, supra, etc)

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Ive got it written down somewhere in my junk in the garage, will see if i can find it.
I didnt have any check lights though

1400r

Post by 1400r »

that would be great Wadat

so if I get a manual ecu the check engine light will go away Murdoko?

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

There have been a couple of JZX110 conversions done here in Aussie bro. One of the guys in NSW I know who did one swapped out the Auto gear for all Manual, dash, ECU, and loom cost him a bit but everything was working fine

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

1400r wrote:that would be great Wadat

so if I get a manual ecu the check engine light will go away Murdoko?
I don't see why it would have the check engine light on if it's got the right ECU. On a side note, if you're bothered with the small glowing bulb, maybe it's a good time to change the ECU to an aftermarket one. :)

I have asked Peter from North SHore Toyota if he'd sorted his one out (as he also converted his JZX110 to manual) but advised he hasn't so he just took the bulb off. I left mine on 'coz I'm looking at buying an aftermarket ECU (after I buy a house haha).
WATDA wrote:I didnt have any check lights though
I assume you're running the manual ECU, right?

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Ive got a manual ecu floating around here if you want to give it a go on yours?
Im still running auto computer with the fcon off it. Manual ecu wouldnt work in my car.
Didnt have check lights though which was strange! Going to check to see if i can find the wiring now

1400r

Post by 1400r »

I assumed it was related to the 2 abs sensors off the auto box not being hooked up

or possibly the reverse lights not being hooked up (doubt it)

cheers Watda

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

WATDA wrote:Ive got a manual ecu floating around here if you want to give it a go on yours?
Im still running auto computer with the fcon off it. Manual ecu wouldnt work in my car.
Didnt have check lights though which was strange! Going to check to see if i can find the wiring now
That's weird.

How come it won't work on yours?? isn't it a direct plug-in or is it more complicated than i think?

I'd give it a go for testing's sake. Might buy it off you too if it does fix the ECU light problem.
They cost quite a bit them JZX110 manual ECUs...

On a side note, from what I've read from other forums, it's a lucky draw... some have their light on, some dont. weird.

1400r, if you get that scanned... it will return the "Speed Sensor" signa. at least, that's whats happened to mine.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

I will have a 1jzgte vvti manual ecu up for grabs in the coming months once my 2j is in