Wiring help for JZX90 Tourer V conversion into GX100

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
rovingdave

Wiring help for JZX90 Tourer V conversion into GX100

Post by rovingdave »

Hey there I'm needing some help to finish off my engine conversion that I'm doing on my GX100 Chaser. Basically it's just installing everthing from a JZX90 Tourer V (R154) half cut that I picked up minus the TRC and ABS computers. I'm deciding to delete the ABS unit and not even bother with putting TRC in. Everything is all installed and ready to go I'm just a complete rookie when it comes to wiring! I got a local auto sparky to get the engine ecu running and managed to drive it back from the shop but it's running super rich.

Since the plug sizes are diff between the X90 engine ecu (2 body plugs) and X100 chassis harness (1 plug) is it just a case of working out what colour means what and splicing that up to the ecu?

A body wiring diagram for GX100 would be awesome! Hope this all makes sense anyway!

lolyf

Re: Wiring help for JZX90 Tourer V conversion into GX100

Post by lolyf »

Is this the half finished silver chaser sold sometime back on trademe? Get the body plugs off a 90, i think Mike North on here has some and splice them into your body harness. The body diagrams are pretty hard to come by at least for me. You'll probably have to rough it out and probably trace the wires. Have a go at Jzxproject.com as well. They're a bunchn of inbreds but they've a lot of stuff especially since tc.net shut down. Good luck.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

rovingdave

Re: Wiring help for JZX90 Tourer V conversion into GX100

Post by rovingdave »

Oh yeah. yeah I'll give that a go aye. I have the body plugs from the 90 which is a start. I'm just not sure about connecting the relay plugs and stuff to the x100 relay box (LH foot well). I thought the auto sparky would have been able to sort it out but it looks like only a couple of sensors have been wired up so that'll be why it's running really rich. Yeah I had this on trademe recently. I took it for another drive and convinced myself to at least finish it off before selling it! It's gonna be a mean car when it's done! It's my first Chaser and loving it!