Fuel Pump Variable Speed Module/Relay Location?

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
Tofu

Fuel Pump Variable Speed Module/Relay Location?

Post by Tofu »

Just fitted a Walbro GSS342 into the JZX100 and noticed that the car uses a variable speed input into the fuel pump to have it quieter for normal driving as it doesn't need the pump flowing 100% unless it's on WOT.

Has anybody out there bypassed this relay/controller and run a direct 12v into the fuel pump? I've traced back as far as I can and can't find anything. I do know that earlier Soarers have a seperate controller for the fuel pump but from what I have seen on the net the JZX100 doesn't have this so the only other thing I could possibly do is run a wire from the fusebox in the engine bay to the tank which i'm trying not to do unless I have no other choice.

Any help would be great!

Cheers
Phil

luc3unitJZX

Re: Fuel Pump Variable Speed Module/Relay Location?

Post by luc3unitJZX »

I relocated my battery to the boot, at the same time I installed the Same pump. I created a new relay/ power feed. So I have battery to relay, relay to fp, fp to body for earth. Then old wire for pump wired up to relay for switching. Works a treat.

MrOizo

Re: Fuel Pump Variable Speed Module/Relay Location?

Post by MrOizo »

Whooaaa - long time since i posted on here.

What ever you do, make sure the pump turns OFF if the engine has stopped (Just like the ECU does). Having the pump on ignition or ON position can be very dangerous.

I did make a kit that took the High/Low voltage and switched a relay. The output from the speed controller is 12 at high load and equivalent of 9v at idle/low load. Its a PWM signal (well the JZA80 is anyways).

I dont need to worry about this anymore because i have G4. You not going stand-alone ECU?