My JZX110's

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
ch4sernz

Re: My JZX110's

Post by ch4sernz »

I thought 110s had bigger guards than 100s?
Maybe I was wrong

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

ch4sernz wrote:I thought 110s had bigger guards than 100s?
Maybe I was wrong
110's have much bigger guards than 100's, but Tristan was running quite low thats why his front wheels were rubbing. The person that i bought my IR-V off was running 18/10 +18 and he seemed to fit them quite good. You wouldn't be able fit the same spec wheel on chaser though. I think the cresta and the mark II have bigger guards than chasers in the x100 chassis. I saw a person running a 9.5 +7 on a cresta with a slight pull and it looked real good.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yakuza wrote:
davealdworth wrote:8.5+35 front and 9.5+30 on the rears without spacers
I'm pretty sure that's the same fitment Tristan's running. Looks good. Do your front wheels rub against the guard? Tristan's front wheels were rubbing heaps last time I saw his car.
My wheels only rub at full lock on the front guard liners (taking them off soon cause they are shagged). I had to raise my height a fair bit cause I'm also running 19's not 18's anymore. Had 18's on 9+20 front and 9.5+30 rears with 235/35's all around and there was no scrubbing at all

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:
yakuza wrote:
davealdworth wrote:8.5+35 front and 9.5+30 on the rears without spacers
I'm pretty sure that's the same fitment Tristan's running. Looks good. Do your front wheels rub against the guard? Tristan's front wheels were rubbing heaps last time I saw his car.
My wheels only rub at full lock on the front guard liners (taking them off soon cause they are shagged). I had to raise my height a fair bit cause I'm also running 19's not 18's anymore. Had 18's on 9+20 front and 9.5+30 rears with 235/35's all around and there was no scrubbing at all
That's the same with Tristan. I'm pretty sure his wheels were rubbing on the front guard liners. My ones have been taken off by the previous owner.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

I'm running 18x9 +15 225/40 on the front with a roll and pull
And 18x10 +35 245/40 on the rear with lipped guards
320mm front
305mm rear
So I guess you would call that fairly low
Rear has plenty of clearance
Front gets small rub on bumps on lock which I am about to do some more investigation into. I think it is front bumper mount or by front corner of guard

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea i want to go lower and all but the roads in Adelaide are just shocking plus I don't really need to go much lower with the kit on so that's a bit of a bonus. I'm a bit worried about taking off the guard liners though cause the hot side intercooler piping is right there

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:Yea i want to go lower and all but the roads in Adelaide are just shocking plus I don't really need to go much lower with the kit on so that's a bit of a bonus. I'm a bit worried about taking off the guard liners though cause the hot side intercooler piping is right there
I don't think you need to go any lower, looks good as it is. What would the hot intercooler piping do?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yakuza wrote:
davealdworth wrote:Yea i want to go lower and all but the roads in Adelaide are just shocking plus I don't really need to go much lower with the kit on so that's a bit of a bonus. I'm a bit worried about taking off the guard liners though cause the hot side intercooler piping is right there
I don't think you need to go any lower, looks good as it is. What would the hot intercooler piping do?
its not so much hot it's just the hot side (from turbo side to the intercooler) at the moment at full lock its about 2 inches away from the tyre at the height i am now if i go lower I may be pushing it a little bit, would rather not have my wheels touching that stuff). Going to change that out soon for the new full one piece piping set up I'm getting welded

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:
yakuza wrote:
its not so much hot it's just the hot side (from turbo side to the intercooler) at the moment at full lock its about 2 inches away from the tyre at the height i am now if i go lower I may be pushing it a little bit, would rather not have my wheels touching that stuff). Going to change that out soon for the new full one piece piping set up I'm getting welded
True that. It would be good idea to get another pipe welded that sits further away from the tyre. How hot does the turbo side of the pipe get? Wouldn't it cool down from the airflow it recieves?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea I'm making the pipe about 6inches shorter and more direct to get it away from the wheel. That side of the pipe stays relatively warm because of the heat under the bonnet (soon to be fixed with the BN sports bonnet) and bugger all airflow goes over those pipes, hoping the new vertex kit will sort that out as I will also be running ducting to the brakes and radiator.

Don't know what the GTE 110's are like back in the NZ 20-30 degree summers but over here during summer we have the 40-50 degree days quiet often so keeping the car cool is the most important task. Although I doubt I'll even be driving it all that much over summer.

talking to a few 100 and 110 boys over here lately and the hardest issue is getting cold air into the engine bay on getting the hot out