My JZX110's

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
ch4sernz

Re: My JZX110's

Post by ch4sernz »

I'm thinking 3rd like 2nd may be a slight exageration but it certainly makes third easier to turn.
I liked my 3.7 and raised rev limit as it allowed me to use quick spool and torque band
(indicated 195 in third, not allowing for speedo error)
It was a while ago but from memory I went from 2400 to 2700 or 2800?
Hard to recall as I spent most if my time cruising around 3000

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

depending on what your after, the Tomei trax diff is fantastic. 6000rpm in 3rd for speed cut. But before that fist and second have a heap of pull, it WILL get extremely tail happy and standstills are no dramas at all. The only hassle is it's a full 2way diff and is extremely agressive so if you don't mine a few clunks and bangs when turning then it's a great choice. Have been reading that its around 3.8 or 3.9 for the jzx100/110 diff but as it came with the car I can't confirm.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Phil you can buy my open diff which has a ratio of 3.9 and swap the crown ;)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:depending on what your after, the Tomei trax diff is fantastic. 6000rpm in 3rd for speed cut. But before that fist and second have a heap of pull, it WILL get extremely tail happy and standstills are no dramas at all. The only hassle is it's a full 2way diff and is extremely agressive so if you don't mine a few clunks and bangs when turning then it's a great choice. Have been reading that its around 3.8 or 3.9 for the jzx100/110 diff but as it came with the car I can't confirm.
Is the 2-way annoying while going around a roundabout or doing U-turns?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

They clunk a little but not much around roundabouts. The big clunks come when turning slowly and into car parks but u-turns are easy. With the diff the easiest way its to ride the clutch slightly (can't in mine being a push button pain in the ass) but just ride it slightly and the diff wont be engaged. U-turns are piss easy with it though. I just slide the ass around

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:They clunk a little but not much around roundabouts. The big clunks come when turning slowly and into car parks but u-turns are easy. With the diff the easiest way its to ride the clutch slightly (can't in mine being a push button pain in the ass) but just ride it slightly and the diff wont be engaged. U-turns are piss easy with it though. I just slide the ass around
I reckon Torsens are best for normal driving. No clunks or anything like that and the car feels grippy around corners.

However, the clunks on a 2-way could be decreased if you install solid diff inserts like the ones WELD make.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Solid diff mounts and a mechanical would be aweful!
Im on the search for a 4.1 crown and pinion if anyone sees anything.
Torsen will keep the smile coming! Just make sure you catch the drift :)

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

WATDA wrote:Solid diff mounts and a mechanical would be aweful!
Im on the search for a 4.1 crown and pinion if anyone sees anything.
Torsen will keep the smile coming! Just make sure you catch the drift :)
What diff are you running?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Ive got a OS giken super lock diff. Works real good. Pretty hardcase driving with it when it was auto!

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

Tofu wrote: What RPM did it sit at 100kph on the 4.1 in 5th?
How much work is it to swap the final drive gears around? I have heard the hilux FD is interchangable with ours which would make things easy to source.
I'm running a JZA70 c&p in mine. G series hilux should also be a drop in from what I have looked at.