Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
PSIBRG

Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Post by PSIBRG »

Hey guys, this is my JZX90. Except it's not mine, it's my mums. And it's not a JZX90... it's a GX90 :lol:

Basically mum's looking to buy a new car soon, and I happen to be after something RWD, so i'm gonna buy it off her when she's done with it.

I'm looking to turn this into a drift car really. It will never be immaculate looking with perfect paint and no dents etc blah blah, that's not really my style. But it does need some tidying up, has a dented up drivers side guard and passenger door, passenger window won't stay up, mirror is held on with tape etc. The plan is to fix all that up, take care of the stance with some coilovers and decent wheels, and then take the rest slowly.

Here's some pics of the monster lol

Dented guard

Dented door

This twig holds the window up :(

Beautiful brown interior :|

I've got another project car, my baby/current daily Mirage. Bought it 4 years ago as a 1.6L non turbo 4WD model and have been slowly chipping away at it ever since. Now runs a pretty worked 2.0L VR-4 motor, big Steve Murch turbo etc etc. Most/All work has been done by myself and mates (apart from fabrication like intercooler piping etc) - built not bought - the way it should be :D has run a 13.0 on low boost, haven't played with the boost controller because it still runs a standard ECU. Have a Link G4, Kelford cams and 1000cc injectors to go in soon so it should crank out a shiteload more power :D I will not be selling this, so the GX90 project might be a slow one... oh well haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNlkolb-Mso

Last edited by PSIBRG on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

PowderJZX

Re: Not quite a JZX90

Post by PowderJZX »

That makes the two of us!! haha bout mine so i can convert it to 1uz:P twin or single turb, or na..

how much do you reckon to get the mountings done and thea headers for turbo? .. just for cert aye.. i need the report... just those welding and stuff? no wiring etc.. a celsior manifold should fit on this one..
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha awesome. I'm just gonna 1JZGTE mine, seems like the easy way to go. I know Mitsi's inside and out, my first car was a Mitsi 8 years ago and since then they're all i've owned. But Toyota's are completely new to me. I know a 1JZ will slot right into this, so that's what i'm gonna go for lol. Wouldn't have a clue about your 1UZ mounts, do they have to be custom made?

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

PSIBRG wrote:Haha awesome. I'm just gonna 1JZGTE mine, seems like the easy way to go. I know Mitsi's inside and out, my first car was a Mitsi 8 years ago and since then they're all i've owned. But Toyota's are completely new to me. I know a 1JZ will slot right into this, so that's what i'm gonna go for lol. Wouldn't have a clue about your 1UZ mounts, do they have to be custom made?
yea 1jzgte will fit:) all you have to do is buy the mounts not customize it.. yea for a 1uz you will have to customize it.. do you know by experience if you have to get the headers certed or even the manifold?

we've got one guy here who did that http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/02 ... rk-ii.aspx actually its a good idea to ask him as well lol

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Ah yup, the fulla that owns/owned that lives with my mate. I'll see if I can find out some stuff for you if you want?
Headers and manifold are the same thing, unless you're talking bout intake manifold? But nah, I don't think you need to get them certed. My Mirage doesn't have a cert at all, i've managed to convince cops that it's a stock 1.6L with a 2.0L rocker cover :lol:

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

haha that would be great if you could find out about it aye.. here is what i wnated to do, v8 conversion, possibly turbo - thats it.. keep it atuo for now until i find an r154 for it.

just wanna know what parts are needed to be certed and reported for the welding and stifff so i can get thos things done and do the rest myself. cheers man!

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Hmm, if thats all you need to know...
To be honest you're probably best off talking to a certifier, they will tell you exactly what you need to know. Are you in Auckland? If so i've heard Neil Fraser is awesome, most of my mates with modified cars have gone to him for certs, he's based over on the shore, 0274 956 286 ;)

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

PSIBRG wrote:Hmm, if thats all you need to know...
To be honest you're probably best off talking to a certifier, they will tell you exactly what you need to know. Are you in Auckland? If so i've heard Neil Fraser is awesome, most of my mates with modified cars have gone to him for certs, he's based over on the shore, 0274 956 286 ;)
thanks!! i'll contact him tomorrow

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

+1 for neil, hes certed all my cars incl the crazy markII!

ps: that cyborg is awesome, must be a damn weapon! reminds me of my old turb civic ;)

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha, thanks man. It's my pride and joy. But being 4WD there's only so much fun you can have with it, if you get what I mean. Which is why i'm gonna build up the Grande as a drift car. Still undecided whether i'll keep it road legal or not, i'm thinking it might be easier to build it up as a dedicated track car, then there's no cert/wof/reg hassles to worry about, but it seems like a waste of a good car. I dunno... guess i'll decide later..