Looonie's JZX90 +1

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Looonie

Re: Looonie's JZX90 +1

Post by Looonie »

yakuza wrote:
Looonie wrote:
PSIBRG wrote:Hah, I got a bit excited when I saw this thread at the top, thought Dave might've bought another JZX..

Nope, he bought the handbrake brand new if I'm not mistaken (this is my car now)
If only... I'm still hanging out for a reasonably priced JZX110 iR-V to come on the market... Unless I get tempted by a JZS161 Vertex in the meantime.

Yeah I think I did buy it new, but it was that long ago and I'm that ancient now my memories not what it used to be 150 years ago... so I can't be 100% on that :D

PS. Your thread needs more updates :P
Should've bought the IR-V at go motors, it was a bit expensive but i think he would have let it go for like 16-17k.
16-17k is NOT reasonably priced.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

PSIBRG wrote:
Looonie wrote:
PSIBRG wrote: PS. Your thread needs more updates :P
I have nothing to update, got a Power FC, but now I'm well and truly broke for a while haha

I wasn't meaning updates as in changes to the car, I was meaning updates as in more videos of skids being done and the car being used properly finally :D

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Looonie wrote:
There was a stock standard jzx110 last year, silver, turbo and auto sold for 8k. done less than 100k. guy from New plymouth drove all the way up to Auckland just to sell it to me and another potential buyer. The other guy had first dibs on it. He ended up buying my set of used coilovers. chucked some mags on."stanced" it. sold it for 15k.. haha

good things come to those who wait. ;) in saying this, the JZS161 isnt too badly priced too :mrgreen:

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

murdoko wrote:
Looonie wrote:
There was a stock standard jzx110 last year, silver, turbo and auto sold for 8k. done less than 100k. guy from New plymouth drove all the way up to Auckland just to sell it to me and another potential buyer. The other guy had first dibs on it. He ended up buying my set of used coilovers. chucked some mags on."stanced" it. sold it for 15k.. haha

good things come to those who wait. ;) in saying this, the JZS161 isnt too badly priced too :mrgreen:
Aye serious? This wasnt on trademe was it? There was a IR-V in New Plymouth with 350z mags, was it the same one your talking about? There was also one for 12k like 2months ago.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

yakuza wrote:
murdoko wrote:
Looonie wrote:

Aye serious? This wasnt on trademe was it? There was a IR-V in New Plymouth with 350z mags, was it the same one your talking about? There was also one for 12k like 2months ago.
It was on trademe for a few weeks with 9k buy now. It didn't sell and the owner was in a rush to sell it. I think he was heading overseas. it was stock standard, even the mags. For some reason, it didn't sell through trademe. must've been the height of recession.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

murdoko wrote:
Looonie wrote:

Now thats the kind of deal I could work with :)

When you say "the JZS161 isn't too badly priced" are you referring to a particular car, or that model in general?

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Looonie wrote:
When you say "the JZS161 isn't too badly priced" are you referring to a particular car, or that model in general?
The one Ali posted here... I reckon 12k is cheap! Leather, mines ECU, sunroof, TRD bits... Shame about the high-ish ks though

Another option is the Mark X... Last time i spoke to Brendan, he was gonna try to crack the Lexus IS... If he already did then you're sorted!

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

murdoko wrote:
Looonie wrote:
The one Ali posted here... I reckon 12k is cheap! Leather, mines ECU, sunroof, TRD bits... Shame about the high-ish ks though

Another option is the Mark X... Last time i spoke to Brendan, he was gonna try to crack the Lexus IS... If he already did then you're sorted!
I think its a little expensive for the mileage and an accident damaged car. I would have happily bought it prior to the repairs at a good price, but there is usually a JZS161 turbo around for 10k (one was on trademe a few weeks ago)... but prices do seem to vary substantially on them, some people are realistic, some people are dreamers.

Mark X is very tempting, but I'd want a 300G Premium and black leather... so double the price of an IR-V or JZS161.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

300G Premium Black Leather... If you want those specs, better import them yourself... you'll save heaps ;)

PS.. JZX prices (or car prices in general) makes me think twice on spending money on my car lol... I already forked out at least $27k on mine.. ugh i really should stop!

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

murdoko wrote:300G Premium Black Leather... If you want those specs, better import them yourself... you'll save heaps ;)

PS.. JZX prices (or car prices in general) makes me think twice on spending money on my car lol... I already forked out at least $27k on mine.. ugh i really should stop!

I just don't look anymore at how much they cost, it would be the death of me haha. Realising I've put enough for a great house deposit into a car is a huge shock