Post by Ventourer »

Name: guy
Where your from: north shore
What you do: fix 3d printers and injection molding machines
Car you own: jzx100
Mods and future plans: brakes, suspension, maybe some seats
Next car you want to buy: flying car
Why you joined JZX NZ: bragging rights

hello all, ive got this pretty chaser here all standard bar the wheels and teins.
got a few goods to throw at it, just waiting for the garage to become available.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1177124555 ... directlink

PowderJZX

Re: guys chaser

Post by PowderJZX »

Nice and clean bro! love it! welcome to the club!!

oh btw please do add me on FB ..just type in thomasargil@gmail.com so i can add you to the events coming up :)

cheers!
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

welcome to the club, loving the xd9's :o

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

hey thanks for that. just in case someone is trolling for wheel fitment, like i have done for the last 18 months. the XD9's are 18x9 +30 with 235 40 18 and 18x10 +38 with 265 35 18.
With a little bit of rolling front and rear they will fit.

so whats the best way to post pics?

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

i created a profile on photobucket.com 8-)

Good Fitment, OEM GTR Fitment! - best offset to run with a wider tyre.

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

hey guys, i'm after your opinions on intercoolers. I'm eyeing up the HDI ones on trademe, the GT2 one looks the go. I'm sure I could piece together something cheaper but i dont have many tools etc and an easy bolt up would be preferable.

What does everyone have?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Hmmm, have a read of this before you decide to grab the HDI
http://www.mmc.org.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=66479

I run a R33 GTR intercooler (600x300x65 from factory) in my Mitsi. Picked it up for around $100 on tardme. I'd trust it over most of the cheap trademe specials.

That said, if you're not shooting for huge power, no point being toooo picky. Quite a few of my mates have had good results from the cheap generic 600x300 coolers sold by Luxury Sports...
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

oh i cant read that info on the mitsi board without being a member. whats the guts of the thread mate?

yeah i normally would do my own super special fitment but im without my workshop atmo and wanted that idyllic summer holiday.........beer........and nice little project to keep me busy for an afternoon.......Ah crap nothing ever works out like that!!

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha, yeah I hear ya!

Here's the first post. He never did end up using the intercooler, I don't think it performed how they wanted so he got rid of it and went custom. Keeping in mind though, this is an 11sec flat street car. The HDI would probably be more than fine for us 'normal' folk haha

Titties wrote:taken from my Emails sent from HDI (hybrid-power.com)

My Email to them -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I received my intercooler today thank you.
I'm very unimpressed with the quality. The welds are average, the top mounting plate is crooked (not straight) and there are sharp lips/edges inside the end tanks.

The core size is 575mm x 267mm x 68mm, not the 585m x 290mm x 80mm that was specified.
My main concern is the 68mm thick core. I'm going to be running 350kwatw and 30psi boost, and i really dont think it will be able to perform it's job correctly at that thickness.
My tuner has warned me away from such a small core thickness.

I'm going to be pressure testing it this afternoon.

If i want to return this item, how do i go about it?

Cheers, Mike

Their reply

There is a lot of technology go in to the design , Similar question raised from one of our dealer in Australia then they test it with other top brand ,the GT2 over performed better then 100 mm core even from Japan !!

Please see http://www.fgpower.com same core was used. if u doubt the performance u can test it with any other brand that u or ur tuner think it is better , and if the GT2 perform worse then any please send us the result the Dyno graph , and the procedure u use to test , we will refund the $ as well as the Dyno cost, this is our guarantee of performance.

Australia:

Hybrid Development International Pty Ltd

18/36 Abbott Road
Seven Hills
NSW 2147 Australia

Tel: +61 2 9620 7388
Fax: +61 2 9620 7833

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME ON.
This will get interesting :D
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

HAHA hard not to instantly respect something that TITTIES said!!

hmmm well thats pretty bad service, and i guess a lousy looking product titties got. Id just like to point out that if theres any titties out there not happy with their service or product please let me know..HAHAHA

Sorry, serious now, thanks for the heads up, i have already filed the HDI trader in the dick section as he didnt bother to answer my question i posted on his GT2 trademe auction. so yeah maybe i will look up other options. churs