guys chaser

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
dom

Re: guys chaser

Post by dom »

Im running a 280x600x76 greddy kit on mine http://www.hioctanedirect.com/index.php ... cts_id=431 although I dont expect many people to be baller enough to afford one of these kits here in nz (thanks mr japanese man who installed one on my car) But for sizing, it fits mint behind factory bumper if your going for that sort of look.

A couple of guys on here(lofreq and keveochaser) run one of those long and short but thick(100mm?) scarles ones which I havent heard either of them complain about. They look like this (but different sizing) - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 480613.htm

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

dom wrote:Im running a 280x600x76 greddy kit on mine http://www.hioctanedirect.com/index.php ... cts_id=431 although I dont expect many people to be baller enough to afford one of these kits here in nz (thanks mr japanese man who installed one on my car) But for sizing, it fits mint behind factory bumper if your going for that sort of look.

A couple of guys on here(lofreq and keveochaser) run one of those long and short but thick(100mm?) scarles ones which I havent heard either of them complain about. They look like this (but different sizing) - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 480613.htm
so u dont have to cut the bumper at all? if so thats mean cause I hate cars that cut up the front bumper just to fit a front mount

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

no cutting of any metal at all. in the lower pic the IC is still there, just painted black. this also gets approval of the certification inspectors.

only thing needed trimming was a bit of the bumper opening trimmed on the inside to allow for the ends of the charge pipes.

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

lofreq wrote:Image

no cutting of any metal at all. in the lower pic the IC is still there, just painted black. this also gets approval of the certification inspectors.

only thing needed trimming was a bit of the bumper opening trimmed on the inside to allow for the ends of the charge pipes.
cool nice looking chaser u have lofreq....what happened to the factory low beam hids?

dom

Post by dom »

And here's a comparison, I don't have that bumper iron thing on mine and afaik it came country like that and was certed like that.

bumper on, needed minimal trimming where the end of the tanks are.

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

werid about the HDI intercooler
im running one and have done for two yrs with no issues, half my family are stainless steel welders and are mega fussy, i showed them this kit before i put it on and it was fine, welds up to the task, and bolted up with a smidgen of modding, and im still running the factory reo bar

the only thing i hated/disliked was the top mounting bolts, so i re done them to my liking buy drilling and re tapping

crappest phone pic ever

edit
now that i think about it i also modded one of the HDI pipes to fit, had to cut 30mm of pipe out of one section, agin this is because i mounted mine further back

but you do get what you pay for

nigels set up if buy far the best and tidiest i have seen
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

hey thanks guys. can someone please email me the next meeting time etc.
guyellwood@gmail.com
so i can look at these in person?

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

Hey I just fitted some sonar LED taillights, and after battling with them for an afternoon, I have them working. (had to cut out the bayonet style connectors and solder the wires directly- bad connection) But as soon as I use the brake pedal or switch on the lights, I get a bulb out indicator on the dash. I presume the resistance of the original bulbs verses the LED arrays is different. Any ideas?

dom

Post by dom »

Yep this is a known issue usually when people go from s1 to s2/LED taillights. The solution is to wire up a resistor to fool the system into thinking the missing bulb/resistance is still there. Ask lofeq or TOYWGN on these forums, they've both done similar with there taillights.

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

just pissing around with pics

did it work? yep all good