guys chaser

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
PowderJZX

Re: guys chaser

Post by PowderJZX »

Haven't seen this car in a while! factory manual goodness haha

did you upgrade your brakes too?
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

Hey man yep I'm right in the middle of doing the brakes. They are at the engineers getting the brackets made up.
I posted a pic there, thats what they should look like. Bit of advice never do brakes unless its the supra kit from Nick. For the price of these i could have done so much more, but they should be pretty good in the end so what the hell its only money bahaha i feel so poor........ :cry:

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

So ive had this car for about 2.5 years and been collecting goodies for it that long also, and now have only finally started putting them on the car. Im not sure if im a procrastinator or friggin patient....

But needless to say this thread should be getting a little bit more interesting.

Now for the rear.... stay tuned.

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

Got some tasteful subframe action for you here.

So for the story so far, got some 6061, turned up the subframe bushes 15mm shorter than the original rubber.
Cleaned up the subframe and removed all the weld splatter and ugly stuff. Then coated with POR15 paint and finished with enamel spray can. Still have to make up the rear mounts, not quite decided whether to wait for my cousin to mill up some billet ones or save myself a lot of time and fab up some myself, or yuk mod the rubber ones.
Also cleaned up the diff, replaced the axle seals, cleaned and replaced new TRD LSD fluid.
And TRD Diff bushes.
So currently the paint under the car looks 10 times better than the paint on top of the car.
Thats typical of how I do things.

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

said bushes

Also Im keen on taking a poll, see what you guys think.
What say I had a toyota V12 sitting in the corner of the garage
and a stock manual tourer V to put it in, and I was thinking of a positive displacement supercharger like a whipple on the 12, would that be a good idea or sacrilege for the JZ crowd out there? Or what if i did some ITB's and cams, porting and bottom end rebuild (nescessary for the blower anyway) and shot for 500 hp NA?

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Tough build!

Would love to see the v12 in it... Will it fit?

JZX90LOVE424

Post by JZX90LOVE424 »

Do the V12

V12 = Epic Build
JZX90 2JZ 900HP FTW

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

There's a fella on the JZX World forums who's done the V12 swap. Would make for an epic cruiser for sure
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

cool guys thats 3 nil for the V12. No one out there wants to see me keep the car all stock and pure?
When I say stock i mean it would still get a turbo upgrade etc.
Yea I have been lurking on that build on JZX World. So I know it will fit. I have already compared the engine mounts and can report that in the north/south direction the engine length and relationship with the mounts is exactly the same so no effort required there just slap her in. In the left/right department though, the V12 is about 20mm or so wider each side. I think the bottom of the pan sits lower as well.
It will probably be a lot cheaper to blow it as well rather than make it scream NA.
To blow it i guess just clean up the ports and rebuild with real rods and pistons to i dunno 9:1, and a blower.
To NA would require the rods and pistons as well as cams, porting and possibly valves etc, and ITB's. Would cost more for less power but the sound would make the knees weak.

This is all a bit of a long term project, and Im going to pull a head off the V12 when I feel brave and probably inebriated, and send it in to get flow tested for HP potential and an assessment for porting etc.
But for now need to get the car back on the ground and probably certed for the changes so far, then repaint and enjoy it while I get the next stage prepared.
Come at me with the comments, all appreciated.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Ventourer wrote:cool guys thats 3 nil for the V12. No one out there wants to see me keep the car all stock and pure?
Either/or. I love seeing people do something different, but there's nothing wrong with a nicely done 1J either. To be honest i'm not a huge fan of the sound that the 1GZ makes but I can only base that on vids i've seen of the Top Secret Supra. N/A build with ITB's would be boss!
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament