Ryans JZX61 Mark 2

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
ryanfels

Ryans JZX61 Mark 2

Post by ryanfels »

Ok guys, shes beem through a few stages but ill give you a full run down from day one

about febuary 2008 i sold my 4age ke70 hoping to find a gx61 or similar to go boso on but fuck me if i could find 1. Ended up settling with a pretty cool looking widebody ma70. Then 1 day i went over to my mates house and as i turned up, there was a mint gx61 sitting in the drive, turns out it a family friends car and he was looking to sell. Long story short, i brought it for sweet fuck all.

when i picked her up, she had just clicked over the 98000 mark and the only rust was a small spot under the windscreen and some around the boot area which i fixed 1st before doing anything else

super lush interior

had some 14x6 longchamps to put on for the mean time

i then picked up this off reo at tama autos, 15x7 -2 and 15x7.5 -2

I then chucked in a manual (no picture but you all know what a gear stick looks like), made it heaps better, and so much more fun to drive (even for a 1geu) :D

i then managed to get my hands on a pair of SSR mk2s 15x8 -12 and painted the centre gold

and about that time, i also discovered the money eating site that goes by the name of Yahoo Auctions Japan

Got 15x7.5 meshes powder coated to match the mk2s

I then got some TRD ae86 shocks for the rear and some TRD ae92 shocks for the front to keep it all legal yet nice and low (these never made it into the car though)

ryanfels

Re: Ryans JZX61 Mark 2

Post by ryanfels »

Just before the dollar went crap, i was spending up large in Japan lol

(well not that large, these 15x7 Mk3s only cost me $70 :lol: )

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

When i first brought the car, the plan was to just play around with the exterior and interior and leave the engine alone. aslong, as it was reliable, i would put up with the crap power.

But after the computer fucking out on me 6hrs up north, that was the final straw so ive decided to put in what i should have done from the start...... JZ

have gone and brought myself a niteb jz-w bellhousing and fly, 550hp external walbro and some RCAs to get rid of my bump steer

i was keeping an eye out for a cheapish complete motor but have found i can probably get a complete VVTI engine out of a JZX100 delivered from japan for ruffly the same price so i had Ewan over there sorting out a few options.

Also brought a pair of 15x7 0+- SSR mk2s to complete my set which i was totally over the moon about!

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Chucked in some Bendix pads in the front

Bashed out the rear guards, put 8s on the back, bike on back and then went for a cruise with club-k.

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Purchased a sweet supercharged ae92 to use for a daily, was a mint deal.

I had been looking at a few different 1jzs, deciding which was the best deal. But then this turned up :D

its a complete 2jzgte out of a 1994 aristo that Ewan found at a wrecker in a car with rear damage. Had done 110,000kms. Also comes with the auto box, intercooler and piping

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Well instead of paying off the 2jz, i thought i would try find a gearbox to chuck on the van before it left. So i brought this off yahoo for a pretty good price

Its a W58 from a JZA80 supra so is alot newer and ive been told it has a stronger input then my old w55. And because is comes with a JZA80 driveshaft, flywheel, bellhousing, crossmember and remote shifter, i should be able to get most of my money back by selling it all bar the box (which i did).

Along with a friends altezza F series diff head that id brought, it should be able to hold the 2jzgte and my heavy foot................ i hope :?

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Got my mounts watercut and tigged. Same mounts as used when putting a JZ in a MA61 supra

The altezza torsen in a GX61 IRS housing. Easy as to do

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Picked up the 2jz and gearbox from Ewans parents place in Tauranga

Now sporting a brand new mechanical waterpump, cambelt, crank seal and cam seals. I have removed the A/C and replaced the fanbelt with a shorter item. i modified the throttle body and removed the traction control. i have added my engine mounts and wrapped the coils in shrink wrap to help stop cracking.

The W58 got its remote shifter with a rear shifter from a W55

My nice looking 10" 5 puk Exedy with the Niteb flywheel

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

So as soon as that was done

+

=

So everything fitted sweet which i was surprised about. its not even close to hitting the clutch master or the dump pipe. theres about a fingers width of room between the rear turbo and the steering box. So i ended up lifting it with a 10mm spacer in the mount.

Alot of beer was consumed that night lol

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

From there is was a matter of fitting everything before it went off for wiring at the old Garage Slipway house

I used a alloy S13 silva radiator and some random sized intercooler off trade me that was a perfect size