Soon to be boso Gx71

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Bosozoku_GX71

Soon to be boso Gx71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

hey guys ive got a 1986 Toyota Mark II Gx71, real japanese one, none of this nz new cressida bullshit. Awesome brown interior, factory w57 1g-eu. Bought the car sight unseen. Drove it for two days and decided that it was un-drivable with sooo little power. After making mates with mike from garage slipway it now has a 1jz-ge in it. Although its not turbo it was cheap and has still doubled factory power. As it sits outside my house it is still a monster truck and is beat up as shit. No headlight and no wof. sitting on factory stealies with no exterior mods apart from a domokun sticker. Thats what happens when you spend all your money on an engine instead of fixning the panels. Just had all the rust cut out of the bacjk of it and re-painted and the right hand side doors re painted. Ive got front lowering springs waiting to go in once it gets a wof and i big front lip aswell. Also just bought some jdm fender mirrors to give it that more old school look and a strut brace coming for the rear. Pics when i get home.

***If anyone has any front Mark II bits lets me know. in particular grille, right headlight, bumper!***
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

Bosozoku_GX71

Re: Soon to be boso Gx71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Name: Jarrod

Where your from: Auckland
What you do: Student, Receptionist at Ferrari New Market
Car you own: 1986 Toyota Mark II Grande
Mods and future plans: Custom rear springs, new exhaust, custom intake, nardi wheel, v can gear knob, bride seat. steal a bright yellow bus handle to hang off the back (new school boso)
Next car you want to buy: Tourer V
next dream car: R32 GTR, R35 GTR, (traitor i know)
Why you joined JZX NZ: Garage dori dissapeared
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

And when i eventually find the wheels!

JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

Alex

Post by Alex »

Nice mark ii mate, this car def has potential I like it
And look forward to seeing the transformation! :)

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Welcome to the club mate! can't cant wait for the transformation either!! its gonna be a beast
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Yea despite the non turb and open diff it was surprisingly slippery in morning dew
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

been there done that right down to the boso pipes an everything. good choice as a base, if shes tidy inside it should be a keeper. i shoulda kept mine and swapped 1j instead of selling, but hey.

cut ford sierra wagon springs in the rear remain captive and lower the car without excessive softness. slipon coilover sleeves on the front allow adjustable fronts - get from Stocks Suspension. use SW20 MR2 rear shock inserts on the front for lower and stiffer shocks. AE86 shocks on rear allow shorter rear springs and bolt on. cheap easy mods to lower the damn thing

car will fit 15x8 +0 and 195/50 15 all round with lip roll. will fit 15x9/15x10 -17 with sledgehammer.

easy easy cheap car to modify. rust at base of A pillar, top of b pillar, and rear quarterpanel flanks of the boot will destroy you.

but when are you fixing the crash damage?

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

hey man ive read your build thread on your one hundreds of times, when i first bought it and discovered your one i was just obsessed. i ended up even sellingsome bits to a guy who said he helped you beat out your guards. :p but yea i just had a heap of rust cut out from the rear quarter just by the boot and under the rear window, had to pull the rear window out and found moere up in the top right corner. but all that has been cut out now and re painted and it has a little bit just inside the door on the a pillar which i have already cleaned up and its not very major.

as far as the front end goes it not really on the cards atm, i know how shit it looks but the only place i can get parts is japan and i cant afford it. ive already got some super low ae92 springs for the front cause they were cheap and il proble buy some of those sierra springs aswell for the rear. Im just gonna get it sitting low as on the old 80's stealies and cut the end silencer out so its not so bloody quiet and then probly pipes and front end. I might have found a panel beater who does restorations who might be able to help me re build the front end cause most of it is bent as apposed to broken. But it would definatly be easier to just replace the front bits, but you know how these things go, get some money, fix and modify, work more, modify a bit more. So yea dont worry eventually il get mine as cool as yours. And eventually in Performance car, or so the dream goes.
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

would i be able to use like adjustable mr2 suspension from the rear and use it to run adjustable suspension in the front?
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Update, car is at another body shop getting the bumper and guard fixed and straightened out. I also got sum Sierra springs for the rear, just need the mr2 shocks to go in the front cause my front springs are tiny as. Oh and then the lip will go on and il cut all the silencers out of the rear and whip up sum pipes
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71