Re: XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by ch4sernz »

Buy a two way
Crack casing open
If already Torsen donate new diff to me

archon

Post by archon »

Easiest way is wait till the road is damp, turn traction control off and try to pull out of a tight intersection quickly (try and make it an empty one with enough safety room) - if you get something spinning with little effort but the car still goes moves through the turn semi-normally it's most likely open. If you feel the whole rear start to slide it's probably LSD.

Even in the dry pulling quickly out of 90 degree turn from a stand still without trying to break traction you will feel a torsen 'biting' on the inside wheel. Like it's about to lose grip, then transferring torque to the other side, then hooking up on the inside, then repeating the process. With an open I found it would just instantly light up the inside wheel.

Also agree that in a straight line, brakes on or off (unless your brake balance is f*cked) an open will often spin both.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

murdoko wrote:I should really stop asking questions and just do donuts
I agree.

And be sure to video it.

Any generic industrial cul-de-sac will serve purpose fine. Or your nearest not-24/7 supermarket carpark. Or ideally, friend with industrial building who can close/lock gate while you smoke out their carpark.

Once again, be sure to video it.

:D

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

ch4sernz wrote: If already Torsen donate new diff to me
Yes, do this... then captain snatch burgler can give me his clutch pack 2 way for my soarer :D

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

archon wrote: Even in the dry pulling quickly out of 90 degree turn from a stand still without trying to break traction you will feel a torsen 'biting' on the inside wheel. Like it's about to lose grip, then transferring torque to the other side, then hooking up on the inside, then repeating the process. With an open I found it would just instantly light up the inside wheel.
This is a good description^

Torsens are weird feeling diffs. You can literally feel them transferring torque from side to side in conditions where an open diff would just smoke up the inside.

Although in saying that, in my experience torsens are unpredictable in that they sometimes magically open up, like if I was alone in the car and tried hooking left handed donuts it would just spin the inside wheel but chuck someone in the passenger seat and it'd be fine :lol: damn fickle diffs they are...

I highly recommend a locker (or 2-way if you're ballin). There's nothing like knowing exactly what your diff is gonna do at any given time.
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

As said above
My Torsen used to bite really hard and drive sideways, then would open wheel or on the switch would go open.
Quite unpredictable.
Even in higher gears got interesting passing a couple of times

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Thanks for the tips guys...

So I went out today and tested the lsd. The car's tail flicks as soon as I step on the gas. However, still not convinced that its LSD coz it doesn't hold the spin long enough (is this normal or is it a symptom of an open lsd)... There were moments where I was spinning like crazy (almost stationary) but there where moments where it felt open... I'm confused

Sorry no video coz Thomas was scared of the cold... Ugh

Ill give it a go one more time with vids but chances are i might have to crack the diff open..

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

murdoko wrote:Thanks for the tips guys...

So I went out today and tested the lsd. The car's tail flicks as soon as I step on the gas. However, still not convinced that its LSD coz it doesn't hold the spin long enough (is this normal or is it a symptom of an open lsd)... There were moments where I was spinning like crazy (almost stationary) but there where moments where it felt open... I'm confused

Sorry no video coz Thomas was scared of the cold... Ugh

Ill give it a go one more time with vids but chances are i might have to crack the diff open..

mine does the same and its an open diff. Like i said best to try it in the wet and get thomas to stand outside and check if both the wheels are spinning. dont bother opening up the diff, too much effort and work unless you want to change the diff oil.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

I'll just take a peek inside.... sometime this week hopefully