XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
murdoko

Re: XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by murdoko »

davealdworth wrote:Personally i would go Cusco, have a set ready for mine and they are a hell of a great looking product. Much better than D2's, HSD's and some HKS that I have had in the past. Can get them for around the $1400 mark here in Aussie (delivered and with the conversion rate thats what around $1900 new from Japan.
What the hell, that's cheap! who's your supplier or did you import it yourself? so that's 1900 AUD delivered??

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

A bit out of topic but finally decided to fix the cracks on the bumper and the annoying dent on the front left guard.

now back to the original topic, coilovers.... :mrgreen:

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

murdoko wrote:
davealdworth wrote:Personally i would go Cusco, have a set ready for mine and they are a hell of a great looking product. Much better than D2's, HSD's and some HKS that I have had in the past. Can get them for around the $1400 mark here in Aussie (delivered and with the conversion rate thats what around $1900 new from Japan.
What the hell, that's cheap! who's your supplier or did you import it yourself? so that's 1900 AUD delivered??

Check out this site. Now the link is to all suspension kits available from Japan for the JZX110 and they are a whole sale provider for anything Japaneasy. This is where I get all my parts and half of the price as everywhere else

http://www.perfectrun.jp/quick/qui_home ... &submit=GO

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

davealdworth wrote:
murdoko wrote:

Check out this site. Now the link is to all suspension kits available from Japan for the JZX110 and they are a whole sale provider for anything Japaneasy. This is where I get all my parts and half of the price as everywhere else

http://www.perfectrun.jp/quick/qui_home ... &submit=GO
Massive thanks bro!! this will save me heaps $$$

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

No worries bro and if you want to avoid taxes, they will mark them down in price if you so wish. Cause being in Aussie dollars it will be even worse trying to get them into NZ

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

I did a quick calculation for the cusco coilovers including tax and shipping, i'd be better off buying locally as there's not much difference plus you get the perks of buying it locally, and you help the local business. for the other bits however, hmmmm.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Another awesome / better street coilover option are Fortune auto c/overs
they have digressively valved shocks meaning much better bump absorbtion

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

It's been a while since the last update. Finally installed coilovers pending cert. Will post pics when I have time.

I settled with HSD coilovers. :D

*edit --- and i got all dents and scratches fixed.... BOOM!

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

How do you find the HSD's? I have blitz in mine now and they are awesome but looking at making them track specific and having a daily driven set once my car gets legally back on the road so i dont destroy the blitz gear

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

davealdworth wrote:How do you find the HSD's? I have blitz in mine now and they are awesome but looking at making them track specific and having a daily driven set once my car gets legally back on the road so i dont destroy the blitz gear
I ordered them thru Dodson Performance. Pretty good price. Surely there's a supplier there in OZ?

bit off topic, do you know the spring rates of your blitz coilovers? HSDs have 14kg/mm front and 10kg/mm at the back.