Post by crux »

Hey guys

Name: Sean
Where your from: Wellington
What you do: Banker
Car you own: Chaser Tourer V
Mods and future plans: The usual, and too many
Next car you want to buy: Hmmm not sure
Why you joined JZX NZ: To feel the JZX love :)

crux

Tourer V from Wellington...

Post by crux »

Hey guys, pretty standard stuff here.

Bought it like this:
Threw some Bride, BC Coilovers, Cusco, Blitz, Nardi, Ganador, TRD some 18's and a whole bunch of other stuff...
And got it to this:

That was just a summary really.
I put most of my stuff on my blog here:
http://battlemax.wordpress.com/

Cheers :)

lofreq

Re: Tourer V from Wellington...

Post by lofreq »

car is stunning man. are those CST hypers? perfect wheel choice imho, nice

and, has your front suspension ever bottomed out at that height, during your long distance drives over shitty nz roads? my teins have given me trouble over bumps and blisters in the road at motorway speeds especally the lumpy seams before and after small bridges... and im not sure if im running out of suspension arm travel or if its my teins that are buggered. mine sits around the height of yours at the front so would be keen to hear your experiences?

cheers man

dom

Post by dom »

Love your chaser man, I agree with lofreq about your wheel choice, its the style of mag im looking at replacing mine with. What size/offset/tyres are you running?

crux

Post by crux »

lofreq wrote:car is stunning man. are those CST hypers? perfect wheel choice imho, nice

and, has your front suspension ever bottomed out at that height, during your long distance drives over shitty nz roads? my teins have given me trouble over bumps and blisters in the road at motorway speeds especally the lumpy seams before and after small bridges... and im not sure if im running out of suspension arm travel or if its my teins that are buggered. mine sits around the height of yours at the front so would be keen to hear your experiences?

cheers man
Cheers for the comments, I actually followed your cars build on the Garage Slipway blog.
The wheels are actually ANZ Torque's, supposedly I got the last set in the country. They are an exact copy of the CST Hyper's, which actually are a copy of something else :)

As for the suspension, no issues what so ever at this height. It can go lower by maybe 2 inches, which I intend to do once I move from my current house which has a horrible driveway.
From my experience with Teins, they are probably buggered. But it could just be the top hats they may require rebuilding/replacing. I've heard of Teins being rebuilt, and still coming with a knock so I'm not entirely sure.
The BC's although good, are a tad too soft... perfect for day to day driving, but pretty soggy anywhere else. In the future I'll upgrade the spring rates (currently 12kg front, 8kg rear) to something like 14kg/10kg but otherwise I'll be going to another brand.

corrupt wrote:Love your chaser man, I agree with lofreq about your wheel choice, its the style of mag im looking at replacing mine with. What size/offset/tyres are you running?
The wheels 18x9.5 +23 offset all around. Im running RE001's 225/40/18 front and 235/40/18 rear
Guards required a bit of massaging but no big deal really :)

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

awesome - i knew 9.5+22 was close to perfect - +15 would be a stretch (pun lol)

Never heard of ANZ torques - but yeah looks perfect. i know the original wheel was made by A-Tech in japan, copied by CST into the Hyper-Zero, then copied as MB Battles in the states, and i guess ANZ also. what a casting whore. lol

i guess my valves are poked in my front struts... ill be going to see Racelign about a rebuild, apparently their auckland workshop is fully equipped to do Tein rebuilds... so heres hoping. i have also heard poor stories about noisy knocking upper pillow balls on those too. im glad its the shocks that may be bottoming and not the physical suspension arms hitting the chassis! cus shit thats what it feels like!

Sam

Post by Sam »

YES YES YES!

awesome! Just needs a tiny bit more low in the front. :mrgreen:

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Love it!
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

johnny5

Post by johnny5 »

Awesome car Mate Tring to sell my current ride and get into one of these had a soarer once and regret letting it go but 4 doors and 1jz sounds even better

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

18x9.5 +23
see this is why you DONT USE AN OFFSET calculator

i always thought + 23 was going to be all wrong...........and well no no its not

so nig are we going anz torques haha :lol:

and shit yes your car is magic!!!!
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut