VR25 Special

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
archon

Re: VR25 Special

Post by archon »

Peter, some constructive criticism for you.

In terms of forums, I'm sure JZX NZ provides NST a mere fraction of the demand that the likes of JZX100.com or ACNZ does, but it's always good to remember that calling customers fuckwits generally reflects badly on your entire workplace. I hope you don't do it in person, let alone in front of colleagues or other customers - and if you do, Mark J needs to address it immediately. TNZ does not condone this sort of behaviour. If you are unable to conduct yourself in a professional manner online, then I suggest you let Nick handle all of the forum business.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

I have met Peter once or twice and he seems like a nice guy and I didn't think my comments would make him angry. We are all friends in this forum and I apologise for my remarks.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Hahahah yeah
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

Lexybroz

Post by Lexybroz »

Omg guys! Just grow up haha you both react like a teenagers. Still Pete really interesting write up on your verossa, might pop in some time this week to NST to try and talk to you as got a few questions about a M/T Conversion and prices etc. Cheers
"Get rich die trying" & "Work hard play hard"

---O21 98 98 69---

VR25

Re: VR25 Verossa

Post by VR25 »

Been awhile . Now rocking a 1.5 JZGTE .

ImageImage

ImageImage

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

What are the advantages of a 1.5 setup? I thought that was a conversion for the older twin turb 1j?

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Take me for a spin next time i'm out there chief!

How does it go?

VR25

Post by VR25 »

shweatypox wrote:What are the advantages of a 1.5 setup? I thought that was a conversion for the older twin turb 1j?
Good question . The 1J was peaking out its maximum performance at around 300 ish rwkw in its current configuration. To go further with this engine was going to cost some serious coin to bring it to a level i was looking for , 400rwkw + . Specifically a stroker kit to take it out to a 3.0l . That with machining etc was about 10k plus I needed to revisit the Turbo and engine management as well . They way I looked at it was cost $ per kilo watt . The easiest answer was swapping it out with a 2JZGTE bottom end but also modifying that with a few bit a pieces to ensure that it was going last the thrashing it was going to recieve . A little research and advice from some pro's said coupled with the 1J VVTI head , retaining VVTi and larger single Turbo i'd see some pretty significant gain in Torque and Power gains. To make it even easier , all parts apart from the water and oil pump and a few minor parts were a direct swap over from old to new .
Nick and I went for a decent power run earlier , and i can honestly that the Torque and Power is up a least 30 - 40% and its still untuned . For the $4K its cost me to date , that's bang for buck . At a guess without dyno , it must be making late 300's.
Last edited by VR25 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VR25

Post by VR25 »

Tofu wrote:Take me for a spin next time i'm out there chief!

How does it go?
Wait till I've had a tune , but at the moment " WOW "