lofreq's jzx102

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
lofreq

lofreq's jzx102

Post by lofreq »

ok so theres no such thing as a jzx102 i know. jzx100s are all 1jz-gte powered, and the jzx101 is the 2jz-ge luxury machine. so i figured a 2jz-gte machine should have its own increment.

anyway i loved the look of the jzx100 sedan, especially the facelift version. but there was stuff all to choose from at the time - so the decision was, do i buy a turbo auto model and the rip up the interior/footbrake/other nonsense and manual convert, or do i get a manual car and motor swap later. i decided that a motor swap would be easier, and more fun to drive whilst i waited for a motor to crop up.

so i finally found a manual one. here she is at the car yard when i got it

standard to the days. i couldnt believe how high it was - it had some random 17's on it, but 235/55 tyres on, so as you can see it had some horrendous donut tyre look, as well as the stock suspension, placing the bootlid almost at elbow level, roof almost necklevel, it was retarded as fuck

anyway the garage slipway boys had recently taken stock of a jzx90 that came with 1jzgte, full tein suspension, cusco 2way and a bunch of other stuff. they used the motor but the rest was sitting around so it was time for some mods - suspension, wheel blackout, amber corners, front lip

it was now starting to look semi-passable with a bit of character of its own

on jan 5th of 2010, some monkey at osaka autos in chch listed a 2jzgte for $2200. no one bid on it because everyone was out for new years. cept the one monkey who bid on it and won. WOF ran out in april so i thought, ok, why not get it all done for next wof. heh.

and most importantly, new shoes

a shitload of work happened after that to jam the damn thing in and plumb it up properly. but it happened.

we got it running. but not without problems. main thing was turbo secondary collector was hitting the steering column. so a new one was made.

then intercooler and whatnot

finally it was all done. park up on viaduct harbour

parkup at matakana

since then, a bunch of tweaks: Walbro 500hp pump, Apexi SAFC, cooling mods, ICE install, and more low on front suspension. this allowed the car to carry us 1500km over new years from aucks to rhythmNvines in gizzy, coro gold in coromandel, and the mount. the thing is an overtaking monster. also learned the benefit of not having an unusable kit made of crackable fibreglass.

when budget allows, new wheels, some color matching of the bottom 'aero' trim, ICE part 2, proper dyno tune, and then some 1/4mile drag runs for fun, and then a drift day.

watch this space :)
Last edited by lofreq on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lofreq

another fool unwisely spending his money

Post by lofreq »

Name: nige (lofreq)
Where youre from: auckland
What you do: demand analyst for telecom
Car you own: toyota camry...
Mods and future plans: on the hunt for perfect fitment
Next car you want to buy: 1979 honda accord sedan, k20a+ITB swap
Why you joined JZX NZ: sick to death of nissan owners, would be nice to meet some people with real cars

Alex

Re: lofreq's jzx102

Post by Alex »

awesome work dude,
what was the factory manual trans in that car?
i was looking at buying that car as well haha.

open road in these cars is really when they come alive

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

its so clean haha

love your car in picture form and love it more in real life

i must say the jzx90 lip suits the x100 alot, and i have said it once before and i will say it agin, not a fan of the clear indicators, and the orange ones are the best , its most likely the colour of your chaser but yea

2jz no shit
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

FLAWLES wrote:its so clean haha

love your car in picture form and love it more in real life

i must say the jzx90 lip suits the x100 alot, and i have said it once before and i will say it agin, not a fan of the clear indicators, and the orange ones are the best , its most likely the colour of your chaser but yea

2jz no shit
chur bo ;) i like the lip too i must say. i got a replacement front lip off a mitsi that i culd put on but i still like this one better. if anyone wants a lip let me know - its almost perfect sized.

shes not clean anymore since my new years drive, especially with all the unsealed dirt roads we took - anyone driven the 309 road between coromandel and whitianga? its a mean road - if you have suspension travel. which i dont.

heres how dirty it is, at coromandel on the way back to aucks. its currently filthy as fuck downstairs in my apartment building... sigh

my tyres have gone bright grey from road dirt. paint is wrecked also. but will clean it up good for the jzx meet tho i promise

oh ps: gearbox is w58, which im sure will detonate in the next 20mins as everyone tells me it wont last. just like how my stock block civic motor would demo in 2 weeks when i boosted it, 4 yrs later and still no problems. car/gearbox only has 77,000kms on it and is now filled wit redline shockproof, so id say with reasonable driving and below 500whp i should be fine... :)

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Im pretty sure all thoughs people that say the w58s wont last are using the old MA61 W58s that are about 25yrs old now and have all done 200,000+ kms

sam726

Post by sam726 »

hey man, im sure this will be familiar to you garage slipway guys viewtopic.php?f=28&t=141

crux

Post by crux »

Ya really snapped up those lights quick smart huh? :P

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

facelift parts wait for no man ;p

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

Irish luck
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut