lofreq's jzx102

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
HUSSLA

Re: lofreq's jzx102

Post by HUSSLA »

I remeber seeing this car sitting unloved in the back corner of that car yard in Westhaven.... :D

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

shits gonna get real.

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

is that new wheels and tail lights im looking at?

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

stop teasing! :mrgreen:

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Tofu wrote:stop teasing! :mrgreen:

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

man i dislike you :lol:

but

curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Saw ya in town tonight Nigel, Looks flippen awesome with the new rims and lights!!!! Love it, looks super cool rolling along

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

WATDA wrote:Saw ya in town tonight Nigel, Looks flippen awesome with the new rims and lights!!!! Love it, looks super cool rolling along
arigato gozaimasu! *bow*

for those who werent following - ever since i got the 100 my fantasy wheel was the CST Hyper Zero. originally a japanese A-Tech/Manaray wheel or something, it has been copied and reproduced by several companies since. theres been a few in aussie and here but rare as hell, and potentially weak size/weak offset. the real low offset version of this wheel had some of the most aggressive concave face/taper i had ever seen, and having seen them on jap 100's i knew this was the wheel to get. but short of ordering brand new from japan, it wasnt going to happen

but on saturday at the show n shine i bumped into someone who crazily enough had some CR Kais (18x9.5 +22), and Work Meisters (18x10 +0, 18x12 +5) for sale.... when i passed he mentioned he also had a set of these that he might let go. i was flabbergasted... gave my number, and true enough, bam. shit just landed in my lap.

so goodbye my dear dot coms, they were an awesome wheel, and super rare now since magwarehouse arent doing them anymore. and hello to my new babies. 18x9.5 +17 all round, the real deal baller offset.

comparison shot versus dot coms just dominates the frame:

so here's the new look, also including my new facelift taillights that i have fitted (was not a simple swap&plug in job, as i found out...)

running 225/40 rear, 215/40 front on the mad stretch. amazingly they fit without any further guardwork, in fact the fronts scrape less than the dot coms! in fact they almost dont scrape at all!!!

changed the look of the car totaly, looks really modern now. and looks wicked when moving, with the spokes all the way to the edge all you see is taper and swish when rolling along! needless to say, i am fuckin stoaked!!!

so yes naturally this is now begging for some kind of kit... so lets see what happens next then aye :D

see u at the next meet!

crux

Post by crux »

Nice, same style wheel and colour wheel nuts as me now heh!

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

definatly needs a kit now, I personal think 18"s look a little to big on a stock body