New JZX90 Owner

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Shirodori

New JZX90 Owner

Post by Shirodori »

Hi guys, thought i'd introduce my self as I think I'll be using this forum quite often now

Name is John, I work at a big wreckers yard selling mazda parts in auckland.
Always was into RWD cars especially nissans, had a S13 previous which I took to meremere.
Long story short I got cocky and spun around the straight hitting ass first to the notorious walls at a good speed.

Now after this incident I decided to part out the car and forget about cars in general. But with the industry I work at and the group of friend I hang around with this was impossible.

Always wanted a JZX but never could afford it but I bit the bullet got a loan and bought a fresh import JZX90 chaser from a dealer.
1JZ-GTE fully factory with R154 . 75,000 km on the clock, first owner and she is very virgin.

1 Week passed, bought a Traum kit for it, D2 adjustables and XD9's all around.

Hope to meet other JZX owners and share knowledge. I have no info at all about these cars

Youngatheart

Re: New JZX90 Owner

Post by Youngatheart »

Hey John,

Welcome and that's a lovely looking Chaser, 75K, factory manual and a virgin ... that ticks ALL the major boxes, good score.

I just bought my first last November as well, huge change as I'd being doing na 4's for the last 30 years, but I jumped on the forum here and everyone I've met and interacted with has been nice and happy to help with information.

Wikipedia has a good article that covers the 'big picture', and I was amazed to find I was really driving a very flash Corona. :lol: and that the comparative Toyota Supra of that era with the same basic motor setup weighed 100kgs more !!

I've also found the Supra community is a great resource for 1JZ information.

If you're unaware there's a good article here about finding jzx90 stuff in Japan on Yahoo (using Chrome browser as a translator, it's their Trademe).

Anyway, again welcome and rock that land whale ....

phys

Re: New JZX90 Owner

Post by phys »

Hey there, welcome mate.

I also own a 90 white but a Mark II, slightly more km than yours :) but its an awesome car.
Hows the bodykit fit wise?
Just enjoy it no matter what stage its at, the chassis is excellent, and well tested and reliable and a heap of fun to drive...at times, way too much fun :P