Minty.Fresh JZX100

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
minto

Minty.Fresh JZX100

Post by minto »

Name: Mint
Where your from: Scotland
What you do: Drift, Radio Op for a Heli company.
Car you own: JZX100 Chaser
Mods and future plans: Um..
Next car you want to buy: JZX110, Mark X or Crown
Why you joined JZX NZ: Because Im moving there!

Hey guys, Joined up as im currently living in Scotland and im moving to New Zealand in October. My cousins moved over few years ago to Auckland and they havent come home, they loved it so much. So the mrs and I are coming over for 6 - 12 months, then onto Japan for the same time, then Canada until we choose where we will end up.

Here's my car :

So as times getting closer to the fly date, I need to come up with an plan on what to do with this car lol. Either store it, or take it. Ideally Id want to take it, my cousin has space at her house for it, but I was more so concerned about the cops / road laws.

Anyway, I wanna get over there, chill on a beach for a bit and then get my self to some tracks .. Wheres good? :D

I love drifting, Been drifting now for years.. Here was my first drift car..

S15 Spec R

Then I sold it and went through several years worh of drifting standard power MX5s! Went to Japan too and did a few matsuri's and the G1GP, Did some comps here in the UK.

Then got the JZX100 and its bad ass. :)

Started like this..

The s15 is my Fiance's

Then I painted the x100 black because the white was annoying me

Then got it purple/pink with a purple glitter.

Thanks, Sorry to photo bomb the place lmao, I prefer pics to words.

m989

Re: Minty.Fresh JZX100

Post by m989 »

Good to see more international cars on here! Quite the selection of cars you have owned haha.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Bring it.

Bring it.

BRING IT.

Please please please please bring it!!! :)

Unfortunately you won't be able to comply it for legal road use. So you'll need to get a tow car and trailer it to track days.

minto

Post by minto »

Looonie wrote:Bring it.

Bring it.

BRING IT.

Please please please please bring it!!! :)

Unfortunately you won't be able to comply it for legal road use. So you'll need to get a tow car and trailer it to track days.
:D I want to, the idea of going to NZ and having NO car.... well, that is frightening. I was just down south in England for a week using public transport, I almost didnt survive haha.

Can I ask why it wouldnt compy for road use? This is the reason im here you see, to iron out a few things. I have been quoted for the export/shipping and for the clearance to get the car there and into the country, but the road stuff is what bothers me.

Do you need a towing licence in NZ?
I assume there are weight restrictions on towing like the UK?
Are trailers expensive?

Id not be able to afford to buy a jeep/trailer and export the car though, so would need to use my cousin's jeep.. not sure how she'd feel about that though lmao. :)

m989

Post by m989 »

Looonie wrote:Unfortunately you won't be able to comply it for legal road use.
We were discussing this on the aussie site, would the frontal impact/20 year law still apply for temporary imports?
minto wrote: Do you need a towing licence in NZ? -- no
I assume there are weight restrictions on towing like the UK? -- no, normal car licence is all that's needed for towing a car on a trailer so I would assume your Scotland licence will cover it here too.
Are trailers expensive? -- no, trailer hire might cost you $50/day

WUNJAY

Post by WUNJAY »

Hey there Minto, you would be able to comply since you have owned it for more 1 year outside of NZ, however, you wouldnt be able to sell it for another 4 years. And getting a drift car like yours complied would be a big PITA, unless you can make it look fairly stock again. Either that, or you could buy a cheap as piece of shit chaser over here and do a "VIN job", but thats pretty dodgy lol.

minto

Post by minto »

Thanks for the replies, Im a little confused now as a couple other dudes from Auckland have told me that due to the 20 year thing I couldnt get it road going there.

I dont wanna put it back to standard :/ I might need to just leave it .. and buy something over there, but cars seem expensive. I can get an Eunos here for say £500? What a bugger lol.

m989

Post by m989 »

People are taking advantage of that 20 year law and asking stupid amounts of money for cars that arnt even worth half of what they are asking.

Just take a look on the local auction site and you can see for yourself.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Please post a picture of your engine bay.

I love that shit haha!!

xMRWHIPPIEx

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

hey Minto!

i followed your build on the JZXWorld forum and i gotta say... bring that pink piece of awesome with you or you arent allowed into the country! it's waaay too sick to leave behind. you will regret it.
Jack of not much, master of fuck all