Minty.Fresh JZX100

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
minto

Re: Minty.Fresh JZX100

Post by minto »

JZ14 wrote:Please post a picture of your engine bay.

I love that shit haha!!
Here it is at 3 this morning when I was bolting stuff back on.

Nothing special to be honest, its pretty much standard which Is what I wanted, Im not the type of person to change turbos, and fit injectors, and mapping and all the hassles relating to it. I just get them refreshed and use them, This will be more than enough power to drift.

Still a few jobs to do but should be up and running in a couple days.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Tidy engine bay and looks primo on the CST wheels! - saw it on (IG)

minto

Post by minto »

Thanks man, I wasnt sure but now there fitted..

I was up till 2am again on this thing wiring up fans n shit.. Just, wanna, drive, NOW! >__>

minto

Post by minto »

Got my some more gammydoors through from Streeter ;)

New 2015 slap

SO, Went drifting at the weekend, For about 2 or 3 minutes in total. After several weeks of working until 2/3am trying to get the car ready, I had over looked several key elements, However after its first test drive only a matter of hours prior to leaving, It wasn't looked at until we got there. The car drives sweet tbh, Idle is shit and there is no power below 4.5k. Also the brakes turned out to not work, period.

I got maybe 3 laps before both the tyres popped off at the same time, which made me think pressures were far too low. Upon further inspection it turned out both Cosmos had been rubbing the inside of the arches prior to, so not enough spacers were fitted :(

So needless to say I was gutted, car felt like ass, nothing did what I wanted it to, and to top it off, the wind / sand storms and freezing weather made it less likely I was going to get out my warm JZX and start swapping off skid wheels .. So climbed in the back and went to sleep to get rid of my bad mood. Which worked :p

Here's some random pics over the weekend though, When I woke up and chilled out a bit, Pete and I got to work on the error codes to see wtf was up, Got me code 13-39, Which is VVT sensor and Crank angle sensor, So plan is to swap those out on pay day and get back to it. I fixed the brakes when I got home, Turned out to be a bmc vac line to the inlet, wasn't strong enough and was clamping on its self under pressure.

I defo pussied out on the day but I was so pissed off and didn't wanna end up making the engine worse. She got me home in the end and its back in doors until I can fix it. Same ol story.

Heres some pics I stole from other peoples accounts,