1993 JZX Mark II 35kms

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
schwiiing

1993 JZX Mark II 35kms

Post by schwiiing »

Hi,
Just got this. Looking to up the hp a bit (dont we all). Simple mods and wanting to keep it stock looking...

i'm an old c%nt so cant figure out how to add images..

m989

Re: 1993 JZX Mark II 35kms

Post by m989 »

Upload your images to http://iforce.co.nz/ and insert the direct link the website gives you between the img tags like this: [img]iforce-link[/img]

schwiiing

Post by schwiiing »

Thanks m989. Will give it a go. Took the Wifey for a drive in it today. She liked the seats

minto

Post by minto »

schwiiing wrote:Thanks m989. Will give it a go. Took the Wifey for a drive in it today. She liked the seats

Welcome, Im new too. Here's the correct URL though.. http://iforce.co.nz/i/flheni12.slf.jpg

:mrgreen:

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Wow... that looks ridiculously clean!!

Upping the power is pretty much all revolving around the turbo... helping it breath easier = exhaust work, intake work, intercooler... increasing and controlling boost = boost controller... then the next steps is generally injectors, ecu and bigger turbo etc.

Being the twin turbo you'll see some good gains from sourcing a decent turbo y-pipe to replace the stock item, you could then even go 3" to a high flow mid muffler and keep the rear half of your exhaust stock if you really wanted to keep it looking that way.

Or get truely committed and turn the rear turbo around for dedicated inlet/exhaust tracts for each turbo! :)

PS. Can I have the Supra in the background?

schwiiing

Post by schwiiing »

cheers for sorting out the pic link and comments on the car.

Haven't really given it proper stick yet.
Would like to get a baseline on the dyno first before starting. Someone suggested a quick shift kit the other day. Is their such a thing for an auto?

Any mods that I do will be mild and will be stock looking for that street sleeper look. Yes i'm, from that era of irresponsibility on the roads, of Mazda DOHC turbos and RS Legacies, then the WRX and EVO turned up :shock:
not these days though. Have had a 560SEL 220KW Mercedes etc..good family car.

Would love 350rwhp.
Where do I get parts, work done if required?

btw the Supra is not mine but is nice

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

If you're in Auckland, Brendan @ Convert Ltd is your man.

http://convertmotorsport.co.nz/
brendan@niteparts.co.nz

phys

Post by phys »

Brendan does good work and knows these cars. Your car is the mint twin of my pig :P Mines done 190+ km's, has most panels dented or otherwise, same exact interior and began the same way. I wanted a comfy cruiser that went good if needed and could do a few laps if I wanted....You have been warned!

let me know if you want a test drive a manual one to help drive the nail home. I give you a month before your a full addict.... :P

schwiiing

Post by schwiiing »

thanks for the info.

I was an addict as soon as I opened the bonnet and then opened the throttle. Going to get it to a track and really open it up, more to get a buzz out of what it does in a straight line than anything else, but also see how it goes around corners.

I want to keep it looking nice and sleepy, on the outside....