96 JZZ30 Soarer Drift Build

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Troym88

96 JZZ30 Soarer Drift Build

Post by Troym88 »

Name: Troy Mihaere
Where your from: Waikato
What you do: Real Estate
Car you own: 1996 JZZ30 Soarer (Selena) (1JZ-GTE)
Mods and future plans: more wheels, more low, more power, more cool!
Next car you want to buy: Z20 Soarer
Why you joined JZX NZ: more resources for parts etc and the knowledge available from the other members!

Hey guys! she is currently my daily! we have had a few skidpan day's and a couple of night speeds! (14.3 was my best run with a car full of shit and incorrectly setup Blitz EBC lol) I have kind of done this backwards and should have started my thread when i brought her! so I thought better late than never! I will be using her for a couple of the big show's coming up in the north island later this year/next year but she will get mostly used for drifting & hopefully i can still use her to get the milk and bread!

our journey started in Early December last year (2014)

I brought her off Trademe from a Guy down in Christchurch, me and my brother flew down from Auckland and drove her back the same day! she had a few things done to her the major being a manual conversion, the Vertex kit was looking sad and beaten and the paint needed a ton of attention! but everything installed was Blitz or Greddy/ good quality by the previous owner/s.

I gave her a good clean, added some different wheels (Rota RKR's 17x9.5 -20p), Xplod Touchscreen DVD player, 10" Slimline kicker, Xplod 1000w amp, LS400 4pots, Torsen diff, Blitz SBC-ID (EBC), Ally rad + Shrouds + Twin fans & a shitty knock off OMP wheel! I managed to accomplish quite alot considering I had to start my build on the road out the front of my brothers house while I finished painting our new home!

(this was the spot i was changing calipers, spilling diff oil, swearing loudly... you get the idea ;D )

Literally the day before Ardmore showdown a guy I know from the "drift scene" posted his 3 piece polished Work Equips on his FB page for sale, within an hour i was driving to the tyre shop with them to make sure i had them on for Ardmore!

Which resulted in this.....

The last round of mod's from the weekend just gone ;D I just love the feel of a good woody :P and the KW rails work awesome i sit just a bit lower than factory!

Next up will be roll cage and hopefully I can install these last few things i have in the shed! I am very seriously considering wisefab front and rear & ackerman adj kit as a full set of Adjustable arms are ridiculously priced :( and finally Seibon CF bonnet and bootlid before respray! All in time (& track time ;D) hopefully and I have to sell a few sets of wheels and the last RFB stuff i have around before the wife will let me ;D

I have a premium indoor spot at Automania coming up in a few weeks time! so if you see me around come say hi!

Troym88

Re: 96 JZZ30 Soarer Drift Build

Post by Troym88 »

More Wheels today!

18x13 +12p Rays Genome Exon!

shall make for mighty rear spare's or mismatch show wheels if i need! waiting for the recent stacked.inc container is killing me :(

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Hey Troy, welcome to the forums. What sort of power plans are you aiming for?

Troym88

Post by Troym88 »

Morning Dave! thanks :D

at the moment not much to be honest, i began drifting in a underpowered N/A S13 so 1JZ-GTE has been more then enough for me i have found!

i'll be aiming for reliability on factory or low boost (10psi) i have a Link ECU & loom, Sard FPR, Walbro, and the various lil bolt on's
that should hopefully get me too that point! probably stick with factory twins until they blow as well
but until she breaks im not gonna muck around with her too much!

We have our last skidpan session today at hampton downs! her clutch is slipping after the last night speed should be fun! then onto taupo and full track! :D