[JZX-QLD] Hello from Brissy

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Jdm101

[JZX-QLD] Hello from Brissy

Post by Jdm101 »

Seems like a bit of deja vu but here lies the start of yet another journey - one that I hope to complete in it's proper sense and reach that final goal. I used to own a JZX100 Chaser and it was more or less my 1st priority :P, dedicated a lot of time, blood (literally) and effort on that but much like the ending of Dexter finishing on the kind of anticlimax it did, sadly my Chaser had that too. Didn't quite reach my Breaking Bad spec ending on that (auto was the last thing to convert on it).

Here's the last nice shot of it with my daily AE102.

Then :(

So I broke my leg, I was out of action for a while, quite down with losing my pride and joy which gave me a bit of time to think. The support from family/mates/work that was the primary catalyst that kept me going in the state I was. As much as my folks wanted me to stop this car modding, they knew well that a newish post 2000 NA car would not quite cut it and the itch would start sooner or later - but I wanted to make sure it was indeed what I wanted. I did all the kind of research you would, what cars are out there, what's available to import in the newer series, endless hours of yahoo and google translator and eventually I decided. I want to complete the original goal but make it twice the car and raise my own benchmark.

Key lessons learnt from the previous one, 'Have an identified clear exit point' - not having that on the previous one meant I kept going on and on and lost track myself where I wanted to end up with that thing lol. I enjoyed it no doubt, but it didn't feel 100% there.

The base would need to be clean, I'm talking cleaner than the previous plus that would mean less I'm spending in maintenance, refreshing the interior/suspension etc. Took me near 3 months of checking the daily auction listings (signed myself up with Prestige Motor Sports mailing list). Still in my bed and both legs wrapped up. I found it..

2000' - 32xxxkms, 4AA grade and not a single mod, well ok besides the silly sunroof visor and a Blitz turbo timer. Even has the pea shooter exhaust hah.

This was it. The usual import process followed (anyone who needs info on that can hit me up and I'm happy to explain and recommend people/places).

The day it came home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_MR5wpK7YE

Here's the list of parts that accumulated before the car reached home..

- The brand new 154 which was meant to go in the Chaser but clearly it was destined for bigger better things..

- ID1000cc injectors + USDM Supra fuel pump (I only got one, this was sellers original pic)

- yup you guessed it right. It's a 2j :)

Came out of a late model Aristo and did 170 cold comp across all 6 :)

- Twins and auto were sold not too long after:

- Picked up some Cusco upper arms:

- What's going to power it up? but ofcourse an i88 Vipec.

Jdm101

Re: [JZX-QLD] Hello from Brissy

Post by Jdm101 »

The gearbox was here from the previous car and I was slowly gathering all the bits for the manual conversion. Apart from the tailshaft, transmission tunnel top section and the manual cluster, everything else is brand new straight out of Japan. I don't want any suggestion or hint of 'conversion' when it's done, has to be as good as OEM spec. I've got a really good friend in Japan who's been based there for a number of years. Last time I lived in Japan for 3 months, (Gifu area) he was with me too. We came back here, finished up uni and he got a job in Yokohama. So it had been quite some time now since I met him and with the legs recovering, I could walk - just can't quite run yet.

Once back..

LS coilpack conversion kit

Straight away ..

While I was at it, chucked my old mans Lexus up too (this barge looked after me well while I was on crutches)

Comparison shot:

Removed the silly chrome strips:

Interior detailed:

New plates:

First wash:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eO7PbXLpfYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got these:

Tints:

Front drivers side is damaged, passenger side became a coffee table.. I still had the rear two 18x9.5+26 (reverse mounted) - got a pair for the front 18x9 +27 (previous were 18x8.5 +30)

New car, new colour:

Got rear lip, side skirts home now but chasing front bar - and I'm wondering if JZX-NZ can hook a brother up,, I'm chasing the little trim pieces that go under the door which allow the sideskirts to sit flush (the aero kitted cars had different trim under the doors vs the non aero ones which had plastic which sits a little further out).

Thanks for viewing, more progress as I go through :)

Jdm101

Post by Jdm101 »

I forgot to add - I've met Tofu when he was in Brisbane, Nick from North Shore has always looked after me (got the new 154 from him) and would you believe, my local mechanic is a Kiwi too - so I'm grateful to have the kind of support I've had in the years with my JZX work :)

WUNJAY

Post by WUNJAY »

Oh hey Rizzi, I've been following your build on JZXworld for a while now. The trim piece your referring to would be extremely difficult for you to find in NZ, even finding the oem bodykits for these cars is a PITA. Cant it be bought through amayama or NST?

Jdm101

Post by Jdm101 »

WUNJAY wrote:Oh hey Rizzi, I've been following your build on JZXworld for a while now. The trim piece your referring to would be extremely difficult for you to find in NZ, even finding the oem bodykits for these cars is a PITA. Cant it be bought through amayama or NST?
hey dude!

I've already found oem rear (two infact, one was impulse buy >.<) , sideskirts and hopefully winning a front bar + lip too. As for the trim pieces, I've been able to conclude that the front door trim pieces are the same as Chaser ones (got a Chaser trim set on it's way) so it's really the rear door trims. I'll see how short the rear ones are when I get them and if I can fibreglass to extend? but they pop up on Yahoo now and then - I didn't bid high enough on the set that showed up about a month back :( - the struggle is real! haha.

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

black housing those headlights ASAP hahaha

Jdm101

Post by Jdm101 »

gtivvl wrote:black housing those headlights ASAP hahaha
Agreed :) if not that, then a light tint on them to match up with the smoked corners

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Rizzi!! about time you made it over here :)

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Glad to hear you upgraded to a MarkII!

Everyone knows the Chaser is just the ugly brother ;)

Can't wait to see this beauty get built up with the same degree of attention to detail as the Chaser had, but with better looks and a manual box! :D

Jdm101

Post by Jdm101 »

Last day of seeing this engine bay..

Then this..

and tints for ye ol barge.