Joe's JZX110

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
JZ14

Joe's JZX110

Post by JZ14 »

Hey guys, Thought I should throw up my build on here..

After trawling Trademe for a daily, I came across this thing down in Otrahonga, So i had Neal (AKA GC) pop over and had a look for me. Report came back good, so traveled on down and ended up driving away with it.

Pretty tidy, Got it at 110kms, 1JZ-FSE Auto. Icy cold AC and comfortable. Couple months later my situation changed at work and I managed to get a company car. It sat for 3-4 months while i somewhat 'tried' to sell it. Ended up forming a plan to take the motor out of the S14, and put it in this thing, but I ended up selling the S14 to Vince, so I got stuck into buying items for this thing.

JZ14

Re: Joe's JZX110

Post by JZ14 »

Picked up a brand new JZX110 R154 from Nick @ North Shore Toyota, as well as a Exedy Hyper Single clutch, Greddy/Trust intercooler with piping.

Got a 1JZ-GTE from Jason (COCK) @ Jap Spares, Then got Matt T to do all the timing gear on it while it was easy to get to.

Throughout the week, I had been pulling off the loom from the current motor - This was a tuff job, so many plugs and wires and sensors and crap everywhere.

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Reuben came over and helped me pull the motor our today (thanks again dude)

And heres how it sits currently.

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

So yesterday Brendan came around, and set up the clutch for me. A million and one parts for one clutch, I could not believe it. Ended up buying it all from Toyota rather than a 3rd party brand which I hope pays off.

Probably be never seen like this ever again

Same with this thing, I'm hopeful that this will be able to see my end goal of 260-280kw and handle it for a while. That power figure is a while away, got a few other things in the pipeline (aesthetic wise anyways)

Hope to get the motor in the car next weekend, a few things to do before then, Pedals need to go in (should arrive this coming week sometime) Clutch master to be installed and a bit more cleaning to go on. Then book it in with Brendan to get wired up! Shouldn't be too long.

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

nice i was thinking of buying that for a daily for the mrs haha