New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
xMRWHIPPIEx

Re: New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

My Cresta has the same little guard ornaments, but i've never noticed mine to light up when my headlights are on?

i do have a jzx100 ecu however so that may be part of it...

my mates keep telling me to take them off, but i reckon they look rad. real O.G. :lol:

keep it coming man, i look forward to following the progress.
Jack of not much, master of fuck all

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Looking at options for the Intercooler/ stock look.
STOCK - losing 50% surface area unacceptable. :x

Outlines of the cooler fins and a fully open shape

Mock up using std (straight) edges

Keep the straight edges of stockness or follow the orange fully open outline ?

S.
Last edited by Youngatheart on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Very clean JZX90 you have there :). In regards to the bumper, I'd suggest that you keep it factory, because I did it on my 110 and it didn't look good. Luckily I didn't chop the number plate mounts, which meant I could cover it up with the number plate. Plus, for a daily driving/street car, the amount of airflow your intercooler is getting at the moment is more than enough.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

yakuza - Cheers for the nice words but I HAVE to let the IC breathe properly as I'm a bitch to maximizing potential. ;)

Also a firm believer in the 'condom rule' and variants: It's better to have the cooling and not need it than need it and not have it. :)

HOT OF THE PRESS

OMFG ..... it's rumoured ..... it could be ...... the big one :shock:

Complete factory manual conversion kit, pedals, trim, 60,000kms, new clutch, installation in perhaps the next 2-3 weeks.

Sacrifice your firstborn for me ..... :roll: :arrow: 8-)

S.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Another option could be, cut out the middle section and re-locate the number plate. Would give you a lot more airflow (not as much as your idea) but still retain a slightly more factory look, if thats what your after :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

xMRWHIPPIEx

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

i think cutting huge chucks out of your factory spec bumper will look super 'RFB ow'.

you mentioned that you want to keep it as factory looking and O.G. Yakuza as possible, i personally would cut out where the number plate sits and relocate it.
(its been done plenty of times before so is easily referenced, plus if you don't like it and want more cut-out, you can.) you can't un-cut things though haha

also, noticed that my guard ornaments DO in-fact light up green when the park lights are on! i never even noticed till last night :?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

It looks like you have a Greddy intercooler kit. If you ever pull the bumper off I'd be keen to see some photos of how it's been mounted. I think your car is the first I've seen where someone has managed to mount the cooler far back enough that they didn't have to cut the whole bumper centre grille out. I run a slightly bigger intercooler and had to hack the shit out of my bumper, but i'd be keen to redo my setup if I could get a Greddy tucked away like yours.

As for your little predicament... the whole bumper cutout thing can look alright if you do a good job and don't just attack it with a hacksaw. Black is probably the best colour to pull it off too...

Although, in my opinion the number plate holder cutout looks much classier. This is a facelift bumper, and possibly a bigger intercooler? But you get the idea...

JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Hey,

Thanks for all the great suggestions and comments about the front grill, lots to think about, might get a second hand front and have a hack. ;)

Slowly getting things done ..

Front fender lights 'blacked'
Rear badges also.

Just given her a 3 hour polish and will get some nicer photos up ...

NEWS UPDATE

60K R154 full factory conversion kit secured, installation within the next 3+ weeks ... could be sooner ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xmas is coming early for me .... yay for me. :roll:

xMRWHIPPIEx

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

you dont fuck around.

i like this very much.

say, you werent out in Ponsonby last night around 11pm were ya? i was sober driving the lads and they commented on a tidy as Mark II on blacked out mesh wheels they had seen coming out of a gas station or something?

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

What can I say ... boy and his new toy :)

Cheers. I think you'll like these photos and yep I believe it was me lurkin around Ponsonby at that time. Sleazing out of Maccas with a shake and apple pie .... munchies. 8-)

Love that Perleffect Green mica,
Lurkin in the bush
Last edited by Youngatheart on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.