New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Youngatheart

Re: New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Post by Youngatheart »

Here's the photo of the almost totally debadged rear and I've peeled the plasti dip off the mag to roughly show the look I'll be going for with a recondition.

Polished rim with new black bolts and the inner painted the same as the car ... should look noice. 8-)

About $300 for fixing the curbing, will polish and re-bolt them myself, just need to find out the torque. :?

I also hate the licence plate holder with a passion ... would love to smooth it and do a sticker and hidden led's

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Got around to doing one of those little jobs.
Replacing the cigarette lighter with a Line In/ USB socket that plugs into the back of my stereo making them a whole lot easier to use. There used to be a cable with the USB socket on it that poked out from under the centre console and the Line In was just inaccessible. :roll:

So when my Marine Car AUX USB Extention Cable Socket for $28.53 from TradeMe arrived I went and got my Dremel and whacked it in.
Everything was fairly easy to get off, a few clips/ screws and then the stereo came out, I needed to grind out a little bit of the hole the lighter went in. Plugged it all, put it all back together and viola.

Nice neat result, Happy as a pig in poo. 8-)

Next is upgrading the tail light with full LEDs, strapping on a funky Cusco Tower Brace and Wonder Car Modify Shadow Aero bodykit, containers due after the 24th when Moonlight racing are back. :shock:

m989

Post by m989 »

Nice job, good to see there is still some lift left on these forums! The aussie site has been fairly quiet too actually..

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Cheers bud,

I guess no one's done anything to their rides for awhile ;) or epically busy over Xmas ...

I should update this:
Here's the photo of the almost totally debadged rear and I've peeled the plasti dip off the mag to roughly show the look I'll be going for with a recondition.

Polished rim with new black bolts and the inner painted the same as the car ... should look noice. 8-)

About $300 for fixing the curbing, will polish and re-bolt them myself, just need to find out the torqu
e.

Seems the mags are chromed, which means they can't be painted unless the chrome is stripped :cry: .... also the 3 piece are probably welded which means they can't be separated for polishing the rim ... so I'm stuck with plastidip.

Thankfully they've just added Chameleon (blue/ green) and now also do a 'gloss clear coat'.

m989

Post by m989 »

I should really get the curbing fixed on my wheels (previous owner of the car wasn't that careful with them). Chameleon plasti dip looks like a cool colour!

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

I think we three are about the only ones who go on here any more haha
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Only the goodun's are left ;)

For the record, as I've already mentioned this on BumNovel.

Tyretech slapped on some Good Year Eagle F1 Directional 5's and gave it a fantastic alignment. 8-) They've got fat outer walls for anti-curbing which gives them a good 'wrap' effect :geek:

Also confirmed the size and offset but alas no brand/ logo to be seen.

Front 8J +45 with 225/40's
Rear 9J +42 with 235/40's

Alex

Post by Alex »

Very nice x90 mate,
in regards to your dyno sheet the toque figure still needs to be divided by your diff ratio..

Olly

Post by Olly »

You getting a Wonder Kit?

You're going to need bigger wheels!

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Cheers Alex, yep I must find out the that figure for the factory LSD 8-)

We'll see Olly ... tomorrow I should either pick it up or at least find out when, they're reputed to be a hand finished perfect fit with all the correct holes drilled. A test fit will make me laugh or cry depending on that. :D

Also getting the rear guards professionally rolled by GT Finishers but have to wait till end of Feb for that. :cry: