New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
xMRWHIPPIEx

Re: New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

looks tidy man!

is it much louder than the standard setup? seeing as you only have one resonator now haha
Jack of not much, master of fuck all

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Cheers H, yes much louder and really deep ... not really offensive loud more of a subtle WTF loud. ;)

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

I wasn't happy with the braking on my car so when I was next chatting to Brendon (Convert Ltd) about sway bar fitting I asked him about upgrading to the Celsior 4 pots. He recommended I upgrade the pads to Znoelli SP500's first as he'd always found the Tourer V 2 pots performed well.
So I popped down and see the ever amiable Nick at NST who fixed me up in no time with some Cusco sway bars and pads. I've been staying in Waiuku recently so when my car broke down a couple of weeks ago (some fried resistors in the ECU) I got it towed to Toyota Pukekohe. They sorted the ECU and I also had the sway bars fitted but the mechanic said the brake pads don't fit ??? :o
Nick's normally spot on and this was no exception, it turns out there are GXE single pot calipers and rotors on the front. Probably because there was a big brake kit on it and when it was sold they took it off and replaced it with what they had on hand ... 'single pot shitters' :evil:
No wonder the brake performance was shite. :x

So looking for Tourer V twin pots to go with the Znoelli SP500's. :D

The Cusco swaybars are the bomb. 8-)

Also debadged the rear except for the black Toyota badge, pics to follow.

phys

Post by phys »

Fark thats ratshit mate....robbers!
My 90 stops really well with some decent pads and yes I mentioned the sway bars at Greenlane meet as being an excellent upgrade aye :P

Brakes here http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 862240.htm See Jason and grab these, straight bolt on and no messing about.

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Ahhh well, swings and roundabouts :o

Your comments are what steered me towards the Cuscos :P

Thanks for that link, already on it as mine is that bid. 8-)

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Toyota Tauranga just put the Tourer V calipers and rotors on the car ... gosh, it now stops and everything. 8-)

For a great free service, Tyre Works in under 2 minutes gives you the toe and camber on a printout. The guy was rapt that I knew all the model details considering it was an import and the flash new alignment machine had the standard specs for my year/ make/ model. It lists them out as a range value, obviously with the middle being the factory recommended.

All of mine were off the range and are approximates..... bit like me really. :P

Factory\ Mine
Front Toe 0.5mm\ -0.25mm
Front camber -0.25deg\ -0.9 deg

Rear toe 1.0mm\ 1.5mm
Rear camber -0.67deg\ -1.4 deg

Gonna put her on the dyno tomorrow to see if we can crack 200kw. ;)

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

I might just leave the alignment as is, a point was made that positive toe can offset tyre wear on setups with more negative cambering.

Overall driving sensation/ feedback feels good, I haven't had the need to throw out the anchors mid corner yet. :roll: Although I've only had the car for 11 months and 22,000 kms. :P

Nice to find out that the old girl's still got some poke. So after 22 years, a big old Greddy Intercooler, custom free flow cat-back exhaust and a HKS free flow air filter. It's good for a couple of kw's over the factory 210 ..... Uber-rapt. :D 8-) :D

phys

Post by phys »

Yeah bet you notice the brakes are a ton better now mate!
JZlife gets better from 3deg negative rear camber...easy fun, good for the reactions.
Thats a nice amount of power for an old girl, mine must be in that vicinity but with a bit more boost...cant wait for the new steel wheels and computer soon :P

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Cheers, Phys,

Is that Torque a little 'too healthy' :?:

I did some research and the torque of a std 1JZGTE is 363 Nm at 4,800 rpm and the VVTI is 379 Nm at 2,400 rpm which makes my 684 Nm at 4,650 rpm an 80 or 88% increase. :shock: :o

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely rapt if it's kosher and it certainly seems to 'shuffle along' ok .... but seriously 88%. :?

phys

Post by phys »

Haha yeah a bit on the high side aye, wonder whats up with that high read. But power ATW looks good.