New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
phys

Re: New to JDM with a freshly imported Tourer V 1993

Post by phys »

B is the man, does a fantastic job and has done it all before so no surprises. He did mine and I loooove it.. Now you just need to get that badboy into a skid day and the smile will go ear to ear!
I used the factory auto surround, no issue looks fine and doesn't interfere with shifter.

m989

Post by m989 »

Its not all that easy to get parts for X chassis in NZ, even genuine toyota parts have to be ordered in by the dealer 99% of the time from what ive experienced. Importing parts is a fairly painless process - unless its something like a gearbox/subframe/oversized parts etc

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Cheers guys,

Full factory conversion so it comes with the trim and shift boot, Brendan checked them out and the trim was quite scuffed and the boot looked a bit manky. So he got the priced reduced by $100 for the boot after checking a replacement could be ordered ... your right phys he da man :)

B also has a trick for the cluster which makes it look like a factory manual ... trade secret .... shhhh.

New boot is $100 from NST and the trim will clean up with the Meguirs plastic polish which is awesome for polycarbonate headlights and trim :)

Roll on the weekend ... I feel a little road trip coming :)

xMRWHIPPIEx

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

Oh my.... i feel like this 'trade secret' for making my cluster look facotry manual needs to be shared with the group :lol:

once i get it working properly of course... VVTi and non-VVTi clusters don't seem to like each other much apparently haha
Jack of not much, master of fuck all

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Bugger about the compatibility bud but I'm afraid you'll need to talk to Brendan about that ... I'm just relaying what he told me .... :?

He also confirmed that the trim is no longer available from Toyota, personally I'd try using Moonlight Racing and try and find one on the 'japanese' Trademe, if you do a search for JZX90 you get 19,451 hits !!! :ugeek:

I'm gonna use it for the factory aero 'lip' kit I want to source, but it may take you a while and take some effort as you need to search using keywords in japanese. Or you can find the 'Interior' section and scroll, scroll, scroll.

As far as ordering stuff, today its a breeze, pre-net we had to import stuff on the backs of our dinosaurs :P :lol:

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

i browse yahoo japan through importmonster.com.au makes it easier and they even have a button that links to google translate. makes in much easier

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Dismantle your cluster and put a line of electrical tape over the shifter position light display that runs down the centre of the gauge cluster.

Big ol trade secret that one.

Youngatheart

Post by Youngatheart »

Cheers Loonie ... nothing is safe. :shock:

Dropped the car of too B yesterday with a Saturday morning pick up. I took the trim home and after a bit
of work with the polish it cleaned up ok.

Exhaust arriving just before or after Xmas.

UPDATE

Just got a text from Brendan, he's worked like a trojan for over 11 hours today, says the car drives great and after another 2 hours tidy up tomorrow I can pick up the car after 10.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

That's one beautifully shiny shifter surround!

Would love to see this car in person, the metallic in that green paint looks almost unreal.

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Youngatheart, :lol:

Would you like to polish my old car? I haven't cleaned the outside for 2 months :roll: :D :lol:

Tidy car you have there.. I want an X90 so bad haha..

I see your parts will arrive sooner. My mate got a messaged from Ewan saying the NZ shipment will be delayed by a month so it won't arrive till mid January... no parts for Christmas tho..
m989 wrote:Its not all that easy to get parts for X chassis in NZ, even genuine toyota parts have to be ordered in by the dealer 99% of the time from what ive experienced. Importing parts is a fairly painless process - unless its something like a gearbox/subframe/oversized parts etc
Importing is painless. It's so exciting to see all those parts so cheap, it makes you wanna buy most of them.

If you want to buy small bits by yourself and get them cheaper, you can use fromjapan or through jesse. They can hold as many parts as they can in their warehouse before they EMS it to you. small bits are worth it since EMS is based on weight. With fromjapan, you do all the bidding. They even have the option of "sniper bid". its an auto bid but it bids 10mins before the deadline.

fromjapan/jesse:

An example: I've ordered a front lip and wanted it EMSd, I chucked in other small bits that doesnt weigh much like gearknob, sticker, trims etc. so all in the cost of one item. and they do package them pretty good so you don't have to worry about your items getting destroyed.. all covered in bubble plastic... a while ago....ordered a pair of headlights, trims, headlight filler, 2 steering wheels, 3 gearknobs and 3 other things, rev limiter, jzx100 badge... they packed it well in a big ish box.. the shipping was 180 for the lot. got here in less than 3 days.

For big bits tho I would recommend MLracing/Stacked.

Anyway, I'd be keen to see the jzx90 in person!
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."