John's JZX90 Cresta

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
boyce

John's JZX90 Cresta

Post by boyce »

So after being asked by a couple of people to put up a build thread for my car, here it is

Bought it as a standard Tourer S with the intention of using it as a daily and nothing more while I built my 180sx. When it came time to spend some real money on the 180sx, I lost all interest with the project which sucked as it was shaping up to be a cool car, but at the same time I'd fallen for the JZX loved driving the thing even though it was totally standard open diff auto it was hilarious, it had to stay....

Heres a pic as she was when I got her (Sorry for the terrible shot only one I could find)

Heres a pic of the 180sx

So then I decided that now I was going to keep this car that it would need to be bought up to a level I was happy with. First thing I did was put my AVS Model 5s on it (and make them all Silver too), at this time I also put in some coilovers HSDs at the moment but looking to change them at some stage this year

Next I picked up a couple of different kits, one is a Lip Kit I bought off Yahoo the other is a Factory JZX100 Mark II Lip kit. So I tried both on to see which I preferred

Definitely going to run with the stock kit for now as at the height I want plastic will be the smarter option.

So that was it for quiet a while until I decided it was time to get this thing a little closer to finished, so this happened...

So thats it as it sits right now, all the work is being done by Adam (Keg) at DKM Fabrication quality of his work is superb!! Hopefully will be getting the car back this week and will update again as I can

yakuza

Re: John's JZX90 Cresta

Post by yakuza »

Nice build man :). Is it staying auto or are you doing a manual conversion as well?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

HIIII DREAMA.

boyce

Post by boyce »

Yea man is getting the full manual treatment too, is now running too from what I've been told

Hi Joe!!

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

boyce wrote:Yea man is getting the full manual treatment too, is now running too from what I've been told

Hi Joe!!
R154 conversion or W58?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

damn my old daily. I miss the old 1jz, stupid me i downgraded cause i wanted factory manual. My gx100 just isnt cutting it. Looks nice with the lip kit man

boyce

Post by boyce »

Cheers man

Going R154 only bit left to do will be to switch to JZX100 LSD subframe at some point, for now locker will do

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

good to see you're still kicking around and building tough cars.
keep us up to date with your progress!

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

You should bring your jzx90 to the JZX meet on Saturday at Victoria park. Would be nice to have a perve at it. Starts at 11:30am to about 1:30pm
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

haggard

Post by haggard »

dope! keen to see this all done