my 1st build.

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
chaseher080

my 1st build.

Post by chaseher080 »

Short introduction and ill get on with it. My names lathan Im 20 living and working in hamilton.

About a month ago I bought a jzx81 1jzgte manual was fun but on the first night on the way back to hamilton the bonnet flys open smash goes windscreen and took bonnet with it. Now that was 1st of many problems. And after noticing how little parts were redily avaullable for these cars I decided to do something not like me.
So I found me a r32 skyline coupe body basic as standard as and am planning on putting 1jzgte in that.
So far ive sorted that ill be usong a s13 crossmember and custom made mounts that I am getting for dirt cheap. But theres a problem. The one part I cant sort out is a drive shaft everyone has told me go custom... well f***k custom. Custom is exspensive and not needed theres got to be some options out there if you know of anything please let me know. Other than that the throttle cable is aparently bang on or else id use a soarer one. But if you know of better dont heaitate to tell me otherwise as im still small time in knowledge and experience as it will be my 1st big conversion.

I know its not a jzx but everything is coming for a jzx81 and they are great cars and am proud that its coming from that. Photos up when I can cheers for any and all feedback to come =)

slipwaysailplane

Re: my 1st build.

Post by slipwaysailplane »

Your first problem is put the motor back int the jzx. You cant be looking hard enough if you can find a windscreen and bonnet

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Just get a cheap gx81 and put the running gear into that?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

chaseher080

Post by chaseher080 »

I found a windscreen. And it wasnt untill I started the process that i found a bonnet but its not just that. Everything about the car is going down hill. The body is rough unfortunatly Im not a fan of rough. I got the car thru a swap. Its just more trouble than its worth for me. Unless I get a drematic pay rise. I know its not going into a x-chassis car but a little less hate and a little more support would be apreciated

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier getting a cheap gx81 and swapping all the gear over? That way everything will pretty much bolt on and custom things won't be needed
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Welcome to the club bro, shame about the car but the engine will go for bloody days at full noise. On a side note I hate to agree with the other guys and no offence intended here but a swap for a 81 will never be in good condition, why not dig in and slowly work away at it. By the time you go from jzx with the parts to r32 with all the custom work the cost will be huge compared to fixing a bonnet and windscreen meaning more cash for a paint and panel job.

But then again its your call and good luck with the project which ever path you take. Be keen to see some pics of both cars and all that.

Also it may sound like we are just bashing you for it but some of the guys on here have done a lot of these sorts of builds and understand the frustrations you will find so even if it sounds mean we are just trying to help out still

chaseher080

Post by chaseher080 »

Thank you "davealdworth" i do agree that the gx81 would be an "easier" project an all that but im big on exterior modification aswell eg. over fenders, aftermarket bonnet lips ect all that to tidy a car up for the track/street drift style and with r32 coupes being such a "click" car there are sooo many options sure i may encounter a few problems with putting a 1j in where a rb should be but hey whats a build without a few problems i have a few mates that know a bit about wiring and an acquaintance who has offered to do engine and gearbox mounts for 500 to suit a s-chassis crossmember wich bolts straight in i feel sorted on that front and a couple others. it is mainly the driveshaft that i know im going to have problems and maybe syncing the speedo ect but i could always build my own dash cluster while im at it.

i also should note i haaaate 4 doors with a passion i dont know why i just dont feel right in them never have.

but on the other hand i do love the way a good jzx81 looks but this one ive picked up has seen better days and obviously not for a while. i may keep the body and do something else with it.

at the end of the day this is what ive decided to do and im sharing my build on here rather than toymods or toyspeed ect due to seeing others doing similar and just receiving pure hate... rb this rb that get an rb. fuck rbs haha id take a 1j over a 25det anyday... I dont think im wrong in saying this but looking at other build thread i didnt see a whole lot of hate altho they ddnt do what im doing but ohwell lets move on =]

any ideas on drive shaft =p??

chaseher080

Post by chaseher080 »

and also i dont take offence to any constructive criticism. its only hate i dont like, there is a difference i know i myt be goin on a bit but i just wanna get it out of the way. speak you mind but please dont diss just for the sake of it. =]

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Just to clear up things, I had no intention of hating. Good luck with your build and keep us updated :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

A couple of pictures of both your cars would be nice as well.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933