my 1st build.

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
JZ14

Re: my 1st build.

Post by JZ14 »

chaseher080 wrote:Wow thanks for all the info guys.
JZ14 wrote:Where are you in the country?

I've just put a VVTi 1JZ into my S14.

Throttle cable i used was a 2E, It's a little long (2-3mm), but it works, you just have to adjust it correctly. I needed a C33 swaybar (I think they're same as R32?) Fuel lines are also a pain too.

You have to go custom drive shaft, There's no way you can do a Toyota to Nissan coupling. Mine cost me about $400 all up balanced as well. I recommend doing two piece as well. )
im i hamilton and a 2e cable from what kinda vehicle wouldnt the body chane the length? Yea I read up on fuel lines. Few people rekon just run hoses around and heat shield them but surely with the tool to flare the tips for hoses it cant be hard to trim and bend where needed??

Weyden on here has a VVTi in a S15 down there, He's a good guy, I'm sure if you ask nice he would let you have a peek. You can always come and have a look at mine if you wanted too.

EE90 w/ a 2E motor. I'll take a few pictures. You also have to be a bit careful with the engine mounts, some are quite big and you can't take off/put on the oil filter.

I just ripped my fuel lines out and ran new steel lines from the subframe (I regret this.) if i had my time again, I'd chop them off 30cms forward of where the shifter would be, flare, and run over top of the gbox. Would look a lot tider.

I also used a couple of units from Dakota Digital to change the revs/speed.

JZ14

Re: my 1st build.

Post by JZ14 »

I got the factory throttle/kickdown cable bracket, and drilled out the spot welds, and just used the kick down cable holder, used some shaft collars to space it out, works mint i reckon. heres some pics.

excuse the iphone pics