My x100 Chasers

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
negative_offset

My x100 Chasers

Post by negative_offset »

Name: Marcus
Where your from: Christchurch
What you do: Logistics/freight forwarding
Car you own: GX100 Chaser tourer S (daily), JZX100 Chaser tourer V (donor)
Why you joined JZX NZ: To learn more!

Hi all I'm Marcus and I'm pretty new to the x100 chassis, recently purchased a gx100 chaser tourer to run as a tidy daily. It's w55 manual and the A series? 7.5" rear end, gloss white with black interior. I have to say they are a damn nice car to drive!! Have mainly owned old school's and have always been a fan of the early x series chassis but decided it was time for a newer daily and this one popped up for a good price so flew up to Tauranga and grabbed it.

The plan for now is just to drop it down on some nice coilovers and wheels, cert it and keep driving it daily then 1jzgte later down the track. The are a few things I want to tidy up on it but mainly suspension and brakes first, both are pretty stuffed. I have just bought a set of jzx100 HKS Hiper-D coileovers to replace the sagging aftermarket springs and also some 18x9.5 +28 Prodrive gc05f in matte grey, will run 225/40's so will probably have to cert on other wheels but that doesn't worry me too much, has anyone had any experience with adjustable front camber arms and certing them?

It also has a warped front brake rotor and have only been able to find gx100 rotors through Toyota at around $350/pair, I have been looking at upgrading to jzx100 or jzx90 rotors/2 pot callipers. Thinking a possible cheaper option and upgrade for later down the track too, does anyone know if they fit a jzx100 and if jzx90/jzx100 run the same front brakes? I read somewhere that they were the same but I haven't been able to back it up with more info. Does anyone know or has someone done this upgrade before?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks heaps!

No photo's yet but will get some up soon as I fit coilover's/wheels. P.S. I like things slammed heaps, for an example here's my ka67 Carina I was daily'ing, I plan to take the same line with the chaser :D

Last edited by negative_offset on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

murdoko

Re: New member - GX100 daily

Post by murdoko »

Welcome! Black interior? hmmm must be a Tourer facelift.. does it have red dash lights?

if you're going to spend money replacing your brakes, and if you're going to track it in the future, why not upgrade to Supra or Celsior brakes?

don't have experience with adjustable front arms....

negative_offset

Yes I would think it facelift its a 99' with the real bright red dash lights and factory carbon trim. It says touring on the rego slip but it isnt badged on the boot apart from the centre toyota badge so I wasn't 100% sure as I couldn't find alot of info on the 1gfe tourers.

I had considered aristo brakes but I'm really after something cheaper for now, have my eye on a jzx90 complete front twin pot setup, would they be a direct bolt on? I read somewhere jzx90 and 100 brakes are the same but could find solid info on this. Does anyone know if they will bolt up as a direct replacement for my tiny gx100 brakes? Cheers

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Pretty certain that the jzx90s and 100s are the same across most of the platforms with brakes suspension and a few other things (someone correct me if i'm wrong). Check it out on jzxworld.com theres a heap of people doing all sorts of conversions and a really good information base. If in doubt look at Toyodiy.com and search for comparisons

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

davealdworth wrote:Pretty certain that the jzx90s and 100s are the same across most of the platforms with brakes suspension and a few other things (someone correct me if i'm wrong). Check it out on jzxworld.com theres a heap of people doing all sorts of conversions and a really good information base. If in doubt look at Toyodiy.com and search for comparisons
I concur...

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

that's a flippin' manual Tourer facelift you got there then!! good find!not many around

negative_offset

Sweet! Cheers for the info guys, I did try to join jzxworld.com but the forum didn't like my hotmail email addy, I'll try again with a different one.
Cool so it is a tourer then. I'll get some pics up in the weekend, phone camera is shit and never home when its light enough on weekdays.

elsancho

Post by elsancho »

rex russells in bromley had a jzx100 last time I was there, not sure if the front brakes were still on it though

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

jealous my gx100 is grande spec....didnt even know they came tourer

negative_offset

About time I got some pics of my daily whale, more low to come.. Fitted the HKS Hiper are pretty uncaptive without keeper springs so I apolagize for the extremely rude ride height :lol: Scored a factory optioned sports grille (different to TRD ones I've seen?) and grabbed some Prodrive gc05f copies in 18x9.5 +28, boy I fucking hate fake wheels. I got them silly cheap, a wheel importer that I do a bit of distribution work for owed me and I've been broke as so it was any easy option at the timeand swapped over my old tyres (You don't even want to see the 18x7.5 +40 shitters that were on it!) Counting down the days until I can afford some 'real' wheels!! I would really love some AVS Model t7's or Work emotion CR kai but I'm keeping my options open.

Here she is:
(Back is alot lower/uncaptive now haha)

How it currently sits (Now the front needs more!):

I completed the JZX90 2pot front brake conversion and cleaned up the brakes all round as they looked crap and rust, here's the rears all cleaned up:

Oh and its 7.5" factory Torsen LSD

The 1gfe is a great runner and really resonable on gas, to be honest it doesn't miss a beat.. But it is so so s l o w. . Already looking at a replacement, the obvious choice would be a vvti 1jzgte but I know that all to soon I'll shit the factory w55 and really don't want to fork out for a R154 box so I have been thinking instead about a solid N/A option that still gives me the reliability and driveability as a daily driver. I'm thinking along the lines of a N/A vvti 2jzge, with a couple of oldschool projects and a few friends that are into drifting I quite often find myself in need of a decent tow car as well. Starting to hunt Yahoo.jp already and will look more into purchasing a motor, bell and engine mounts next year. For now will just keep dailying the big snail whale, gee these car's are so nice and comfortable to daily! But I'm sure you all already know that 8-)

Marcus