My x100 Chasers

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
yakuza

Re: Marcus's GX100 daily

Post by yakuza »

Looks good man! Wheels also look good, much better than rotas :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

negative_offset

Re: Marcus's GX100 daily

Post by negative_offset »

Still tinkering away with bits and pieces on the daily when I have time, the hiper D fronts went on me a few weeks back so replaced them along with an upper arm that was stuffed then lowered it a bit more. The 1gfe is still going great for its high km's, just finished a 1400km roady to the bottom of the S.I. with no dramas, its just so so underpowered :lol:

A couple of months back a cheap n/a vvti 2jz popped on yahoo.jp so I grabbed it and its on its way in the next hayatonka container. Its from a JCG11 so I'm not sure which version sump I am going to need. Loom and ecu are included so thats a bonus. It shouldn't be too far off now so pretty soon I'll start piecing together all the bits I'm going to need for the conversion; jz-w55 bellhousing, clutch and flywheel, radiator, engine mounts or x member? sump? and probably something along the lines of a factory n/a 1jz x100 exhaust too (if they're the same?) Not in a huge rush with it but will be a nice difference having a bit more power once its done.

ImageImage

elsancho

Re: GX100 tourer daily - soon to be 2jz

Post by elsancho »

Looking good, I like the direction this is taking
I have a couple of jz-w bellhousings here if you haven't found one yet

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Assuming thats the engine pictured there then it comes with the correct sump

negative_offset

Cool cheers Ryan yeah thats the motor, good to know its the right one, does anyone know what the deal is with engine mounts? Are they specific to the chassis or are there different x members?

Elsancho - sounds good, pm me your number and how much youre after

slipwaysailplane

Post by slipwaysailplane »

You will need jzx alloy mounts, rubbers will most likely be the same

negative_offset

Well things have taken a bit of a different direction here, I recently bought another x100. Another chaser but its a tourer V, fairly low km 1jzgte and manual r154 with all the goodies, its an uncompliable import with accident damage and was previously being used as a drift car in Japan. I plan to use it for a couple of drift days before I have the time to transplant the running gear, subframes etc over to my Tourer S. Image
The wheels are going back to the old owner but a few other good extras came with it, fairly new body adjustable Buddyclub suspension (alot lower than my HKS hiper D :D ), Greddy IC and piping kit, Big Koyo radiator, 3" exhaust (cat-back I think), Blitz podfilter, Cusco strut brace, Greddy Profec-B Boost controller, Apexi rsm etc. Pretty stoaked with it, felt it was alot better option than spending similar money on just an engine and gearbox package as I get all the little things for a tidy and straight forward conversion this way. So my n/a 2jz-ge vvti that is still on its way to Auckland is now for sale if anyone is interested, I will also be selling my complete tourer s remote shift w55 manual conversion, F series factory torsen lsd rear and will also have a full black tourer V interior, panels, F/l lights etc left over up for sale once Ive swapped everything.

Id be really interested to hear from anyone who has done this conversion into a gx100 or similar before, I plan on swapping both complete subframes over which is straight forward but also need to do some research as I'd like to find out if the body looms are the same and hopefully if I can get away without rewiring the whole car! For now I just can't wait to test the 1jz out at the track!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

negative_offset

Re: My x100 Chasers

Well sold the white gx100 last week, dropped it off to the transport depot to head to its new owner yesterday. Going to miss that car, best daily ever.
In other news picked up a fixed back bucket seat for the jzx100, a set of 17x8 +10 wheels and 20 odd 1/2 tread 17s off a mate. Going to hit up a few upcoming track days at ruapuna before bringing the car up to Auckland with me later in the year when I move up, looking forward to getting out to Meremere and Hamptons over the summer, wheel burns on!