Pete's JZX81

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Jonno2002

Re: Pete's JZX81

Post by Jonno2002 »

Waz wrote: makes me wonder what happened to my old one.
a local flat peaker has it sadly, hes got my old gx81 chaser too which has been jz'd... only took him a few years to do lol
too many rb bogans are getting toyotas now its gota stop, like that jzx81 "chaser" on trademe thats been through about 10 people

Hachi-ichi

Post by Hachi-ichi »

Jonno2002 wrote:
Waz wrote: makes me wonder what happened to my old one.
a local flat peaker has it sadly, hes got my old gx81 chaser too which has been jz'd... only took him a few years to do lol
too many rb bogans are getting toyotas now its gota stop, like that jzx81 "chaser" on trademe thats been through about 10 people
I saw on Facebook Waz's old one, well it must have been because it was red and without a motor in the pic I saw.
E-GX81-AEPQF. 8E3, FB81

slipwaysailplane

Post by slipwaysailplane »

Sadly the gearbox is a Jza70 NON remote gearbox.

slipwaysailplane

Sadly the gearbox is a Jza70 NON remote gearbox.

Petebozo

Post by Petebozo »

Put the car up on stands yesterday and while i was under it, was actually starting to think it didnt look remote shift, just what the original build thread said and I never bothered to check ha sorry about that.

chaseher080

Post by chaseher080 »

where did you find the fenders am after some for mine as someone bat rolled em and it looks sh***t also bonnet would be cool coz mine diddnt stay down on motorway =/ ill be starting a build thread soon

Petebozo

Post by Petebozo »

Bonnet and guards are made by k&m miyamoto. Imported from Japan through Stacked, Inc. They all bolted on with next to no alteration, good quality stuff!

slipwaysailplane

You have my old RCA's? and R33 brakes on this still?

Some knuckles work a treat in these, as do Extended LCA's

Petebozo

Post by Petebozo »

Yep the rca's are still in there, some altered knuckles would be good ;) but not yet! I want to prove to myself that I can drive it without the huge power and unlimited lock first. Sounds odd but yea.

Update - Have just finished raising the rear subframe. Got some risers machined up similar to the serial nine ones but with alterations, made new solid diff mounts that sit upward of factory location inside the subframe aswell to correct axle geometry. Heaps more room under the car now, can bring exhaust up further. About to start on adapting a wrx whiteline swaybar we have lying around to it. Now have to decide whether to buy some arms for the rear or just fabricate....

Petebozo

Post by Petebozo »

Update on car.

Have just finished doing a light freshen of the engine; headgasket/surface head, water pump, cambelt, valve seals, tensioner/idler, rocker cover gaskets, rear crank seal and a coat of unimaginative wrinkle black for the rocker covers

Got a Cusco 2way, had it rebuilt and put into the 81 housing, looking forward to driving with that instead of a tired locky! Had Autoclutch build a 3260lb solid center 6puk for it. Put some project-mu handbrake shoes in it. Remaking the stainless exhaust at the moment with v-bands instead of shit homemade flanges.

Got some time off work hoping to get the car to Powercruise this year after a reasonable hiatus. Should be fun with the new clutch etc! Next on the list is to sort out some panel and paint so it doesn't look so much like a project ha. Got to finish my Hilux for a daily before then though and a batty which Needs moneys, too many aspirations. Need sponsorship or something haha