JZX91 Mark II

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Zazu04

JZX91 Mark II

Post by Zazu04 »

Hey everyone, first post, thought I'd stop lurking and say hi. Had a wee browse around the forums, already helping me out a lot as far as planning goes, so cheers! I've just (2 or so months ago) acquired a '93 JZX91 Mark II Grande G from a dealer for 2600, Signature Range so you know it's not too bad :P 129000 k's on the clock, doesn't miss a beat, 99% straight, sooo I'm pretty stoked with it.

At the moment I'm looking at going the form over function path; I know there's a lot of info and trial and error stories to trawl through on the forums, but I'll find what I can and post wherever I'm unsure.

Photos up soon! :)

Hachi-ichi

Re: JZX91 Mark II

Post by Hachi-ichi »

What is it spec'd like?

Leather?
Sunroof?
colour?

Im guessing it has a Digi dash, as weirdly heaps of JZX91s have them, 2J is baller af.

What are your plans?
E-GX81-AEPQF. 8E3, FB81

Zazu04

Post by Zazu04 »

Unfortunately no sunroof, and no leather. Grey/green, ownership papes say green. And yea to the digi dash, always gets people trippin.

First things first, gotta get it sitting right, going with a new set of BC golds, then looking for a tough looking set of wheels for it, really trying to push the boundaries with the rear guards. After that I'm open to anything really, had thoughts of a subtle kit w/Roof spoiler, short duck tail, eventually widebody fenders. Havent even considered performance mods yet, am planning on spending a few hours around this place seeing whats been tried and going from there.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Welcome to the forums. Good to see more JZX90's out there nowadays.

Can't go wrong with Signature Class. You should see what they do in the factory to refurbish them! They're just like new when they roll out.

Where did you buy it from?

Zazu04

Post by Zazu04 »

Picked up from a dealer in Richmond, I was taking a kp61 i was looking at getting for a whip round the block and this pulled up beside me in the carpark. Went down picked it up two days later.

Zazu04

Post by Zazu04 »

Gosh well now we've got internet connected I can be considerably more active.

Finally couple of photos of my jzx91, and my recent addition, a gx81 :)

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

:)
Last edited by lolyf on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

Only the crestas get leather. You've good taste! props on the X8 :)
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

Zazu04

Post by Zazu04 »

Thank you :) X81 put me 1g out of pocket, came with fresh WOF, rego, and an alright sound setup. Crazy crazy!

All plans I had for the 91 went out the window when this parked in my driveway.

Now to trawl the forums and interwebs for suspension setups for X80's, for now it might be getting the Makita treatment and whipping the struts through the lathe.